Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roller cleaner cleaner

I have two of those rollers that look like a paint roller that have the
sticky surfaces. I use them to clean my pool table. I have difficulty
getting them clean. I use dish soap, and it makes them passable, but I can
still see gunge and hair on there. I'm not going to take the time to pick
it off, and it is sticky after cleaning, just think it could be a bit
cleaner.

Any magic solution to clean these things with?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

I have two of those rollers that look like a paint roller that have the
sticky surfaces. I use them to clean my pool table. I have difficulty
getting them clean. I use dish soap, and it makes them passable, but I can
still see gunge and hair on there. I'm not going to take the time to pick
it off, and it is sticky after cleaning, just think it could be a bit
cleaner.

Any magic solution to clean these things with?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Are you talking about lint rollers? The ones I've seen, you just peel
off one disposable layer and reveal a fresh one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
I have two of those rollers that look like a paint roller that have the
sticky surfaces. I use them to clean my pool table. I have difficulty
getting them clean. I use dish soap, and it makes them passable, but I can
still see gunge and hair on there. I'm not going to take the time to pick
it off, and it is sticky after cleaning, just think it could be a bit
cleaner.

Any magic solution to clean these things with?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Where is Billy Mays when you need him?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
I have two of those rollers that look like a paint roller that have
the sticky surfaces. I use them to clean my pool table. I have
difficulty getting them clean. I use dish soap, and it makes them
passable, but I can still see gunge and hair on there. I'm not going
to take the time to pick it off, and it is sticky after cleaning,
just think it could be a bit cleaner.

Any magic solution to clean these things with?

I don't think you can. The crap is stuck. You can mechanically remove it
(tweezers, etc.), but anything that will chemically loosen the bond will
probably destroy the stickiness of the roller.

You might try the Pledge Fabric Sweeper
http://www.pledge.com/fabric-sweeper/

For the life of me, I can't figure out how the damn thing works, but works
it does. At least for cat fur.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Steve B wrote:
I have two of those rollers that look like a paint roller that have
the sticky surfaces. I use them to clean my pool table. I have
difficulty getting them clean. I use dish soap, and it makes them
passable, but I can still see gunge and hair on there. I'm not going
to take the time to pick it off, and it is sticky after cleaning,
just think it could be a bit cleaner.

Any magic solution to clean these things with?

I don't think you can. The crap is stuck. You can mechanically remove it
(tweezers, etc.), but anything that will chemically loosen the bond will
probably destroy the stickiness of the roller.

You might try the Pledge Fabric Sweeper
http://www.pledge.com/fabric-sweeper/

For the life of me, I can't figure out how the damn thing works, but works
it does. At least for cat fur.

I recently remodeled the kitchen. (Translation: three months of chaos and
drywall dust.) Had a lot of texturing and remudding of some adjacent rooms.
End result, lots of dust everywhere.

I got out the Mighty Mite Eureka vacuum. I took the little T handle thing
and put some velcro strips along the edge to give it a soft edge. It will
just about get stuck on the felt. It, along with the crevice cleaner, did a
fine job of getting it all off. Then a run over with the two roller
cleaners, and it's good to go.

I guess those rollers age, and so long as they are sticky after cleaning, it
doesn't matter too much what they look like.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Haven't had a set up like this for a while.

1) Buy some news ones. This is the disposable economy.
2) Buy a pool table cover and make them last longer. This will work unless
you are shedding or sanding drywall with the cover off.

Sorry, Steve. I just could not help it. I had to post this.

Colbyt

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
I have two of those rollers that look like a paint roller that have the
sticky surfaces. I use them to clean my pool table. I have difficulty
getting them clean. I use dish soap, and it makes them passable, but I can
still see gunge and hair on there. I'm not going to take the time to pick
it off, and it is sticky after cleaning, just think it could be a bit
cleaner.

Any magic solution to clean these things with?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...
Haven't had a set up like this for a while.

1) Buy some news ones. This is the disposable economy.
2) Buy a pool table cover and make them last longer. This will work
unless you are shedding or sanding drywall with the cover off.

Sorry, Steve. I just could not help it. I had to post this.

Colbyt

Sorry, but one must live by priorities. Right now, all my disposable income
is going into beer brewing equipment ............... I am very nearly ready
to start.

Although, with all that drinking coming up around the pool table soon, a
cover would be a good idea. Do you like clear or colored? I have an
industrial canvas sewing machine, and can make one very reasonably.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...
Haven't had a set up like this for a while.

1) Buy some news ones. This is the disposable economy.
2) Buy a pool table cover and make them last longer. This will work
unless you are shedding or sanding drywall with the cover off.

Sorry, Steve. I just could not help it. I had to post this.

Colbyt

Sorry, but one must live by priorities. Right now, all my disposable
income is going into beer brewing equipment ............... I am very
nearly ready to start.

Although, with all that drinking coming up around the pool table soon, a
cover would be a good idea. Do you like clear or colored? I have an
industrial canvas sewing machine, and can make one very reasonably.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

I just use the $5.00 vinyl one. I prefer a color that matches the felt but
buy what I can find when I need one.