Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safe Products

To report an unsafe product, go to saferproducts.gov

This is a user-friendly way to report a product that could injure or
kill a consumer. There are never enough inspectors to check on
everything, so citizens have a duty to help. (That is, until some
future Administration stops pouring money into war profiteers rather
than adequately funding health and safety concerns.) Please, Usual
Suspects, don't bother, OK?

One hopes that people will not abuse saferproducts.gov by making
irresponsible reports.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:
To report an unsafe product, go to saferproducts.gov

This is a user-friendly way to report a product that could injure or
kill a consumer. There are never enough inspectors to check on
everything, so citizens have a duty to help. (That is, until some
future Administration stops pouring money into war profiteers rather
than adequately funding health and safety concerns.) Please, Usual
Suspects, don't bother, OK?

One hopes that people will not abuse saferproducts.gov by making
irresponsible reports.

Nonsense! I want my children to have all the opportunities I had.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I wonder where, in the Constitution of the United States,
that it assigns the Fed the power to regulate the safety of
consumer products?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
To report an unsafe product, go to saferproducts.gov

This is a user-friendly way to report a product that could
injure or
kill a consumer. There are never enough inspectors to check
on
everything, so citizens have a duty to help. (That is,
until some
future Administration stops pouring money into war
profiteers rather
than adequately funding health and safety concerns.)
Please, Usual
Suspects, don't bother, OK?

One hopes that people will not abuse saferproducts.gov by
making
irresponsible reports.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I wonder where, in the Constitution of the United States,
that it assigns the Fed the power to regulate the safety of
consumer products?

Commerce clause?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I suspect the founding fathers would be disppointed to hear
how broadly that commerce clause is being used.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news Stormin Mormon wrote:
I wonder where, in the Constitution of the United States,
that it assigns the Fed the power to regulate the safety
of
consumer products?

Commerce clause?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 07:21:50 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I wonder where, in the Constitution of the United States,
that it assigns the Fed the power to regulate the safety of
consumer products?

Commerce clause?

Why not? It seems to cover every other aspect of our lives. Including the
decision *not* to enter into commerce.