Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Missing mouse trap

A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm
guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around.
Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the
kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Jul 2016 16:32:26 GMT, KenK wrote:

A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm
guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around.
Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the
kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

My guess is it is under the fridge, maybe up in the drip pan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Jul 2016 17:25:25 GMT, KenK wrote:

wrote in
:

On 12 Jul 2016 16:32:26 GMT, KenK wrote:

A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter.
I'm guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging
it around. Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've
looked in the kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a
dead mouse?

My guess is it is under the fridge, maybe up in the drip pan.

Nope. Just looked. There's a decorative grill under the front door which
blocks access to the underside. The sides of the alcove the fridge in in
are too close to fit the trap, unless the mouse managed to get it on
edge.

Vicinity of the stove sides and cabinets?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in
:

On 12 Jul 2016 17:25:25 GMT, KenK wrote:

wrote in
m:

On 12 Jul 2016 16:32:26 GMT, KenK wrote:

A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen
counter. I'm guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's
dragging it around. Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse
where I've looked in the kitchen. Wonder how long this will last
before I smell a dead mouse?

My guess is it is under the fridge, maybe up in the drip pan.

Nope. Just looked. There's a decorative grill under the front door
which blocks access to the underside. The sides of the alcove the
fridge in in are too close to fit the trap, unless the mouse managed
to get it on edge.

Vicinity of the stove sides and cabinets?

Already looked there, but not very carefully. Will try again. It
wouldn't be easy for it to get into with that heavy trap - probably
weighs more that the mouse does.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Jul 2016 17:52:39 GMT, KenK wrote:

Vicinity of the stove sides and cabinets?

Already looked there, but not very carefully. Will try again. It
wouldn't be easy for it to get into with that heavy trap - probably
weighs more that the mouse does.

Look for parts of a mouse tail, even look for a foot they chewed off
for survival. The trap is close.
Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK wrote:

A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm
guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around.
Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the
kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

i thought i had another one of those in my car
again a few weeks ago. luckily i found it before
it got to someplace i couldn't get to it.

i also think i know where the nest is at, but i
haven't yet pulled the tools out to get at it.

lil buggers...

songbird
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/12/2016 3:42 PM, Oren wrote:
On 12 Jul 2016 17:52:39 GMT, KenK wrote:

Vicinity of the stove sides and cabinets?

Already looked there, but not very carefully. Will try again. It
wouldn't be easy for it to get into with that heavy trap - probably
weighs more that the mouse does.

Look for parts of a mouse tail, even look for a foot they chewed off
for survival. The trap is close.

I quit using glue traps as I found a mouse had almost gnawed off his leg
to escape one. I want them dead but don't want them to suffer. Makes
plenty of sense that a mouse would gnaw off his tail to escape.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ken,

Your wife saw it on the counter and put it away.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On 12 Jul 2016 17:52:39 GMT, KenK wrote:
Vicinity of the stove sides and cabinets?

Already looked there, but not very carefully. Will try again. It
wouldn't be easy for it to get into with that heavy trap - probably
weighs more that the mouse does.

Look for parts of a mouse tail, even look for a foot they chewed off
for survival. The trap is close.

When I put a glue trap in the garage, a pregnant mouse got caught on the edge. She had babies on the glue, then chewed her feet off and got away.

I know it's a gross story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/12/2016 12:32 PM, KenK wrote:
A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm
guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around.
Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the
kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

Now you have an opportunity to make a lot of money. Develop a GPS
tracking device to attach to the traps. Like the Lo Jack, only smaller.
Mo-Jack and the larger Rat-Jack
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Jul 2016 16:32:26 GMT, KenK wrote:

A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm
guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around.
Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the
kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

It could be you also have rats. Rats eat dead mice and can drag that
trap a long distance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/12/2016 12:32 PM, KenK wrote:
A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm
guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around.
Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the
kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

Give it a few weeks and your nose will tell you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Jul 2016 16:32:26 GMT, KenK wrote:

A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm
guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around.
Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the
kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

I've had a dead mouse I didn't know about and it didn't smell at all.
At least my nose didn't smell it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:jqhaobtpaid1lvvhr0ogefsuc659isrfqd@
4ax.com:

On 12 Jul 2016 17:52:39 GMT, KenK wrote:

Vicinity of the stove sides and cabinets?

Already looked there, but not very carefully. Will try again. It
wouldn't be easy for it to get into with that heavy trap - probably
weighs more that the mouse does.

Look for parts of a mouse tail, even look for a foot they chewed off
for survival. The trap is close.

I was just about to post that. Thought of it this morning.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank "frank wrote in :

On 7/12/2016 3:42 PM, Oren wrote:
On 12 Jul 2016 17:52:39 GMT, KenK wrote:

Vicinity of the stove sides and cabinets?

Already looked there, but not very carefully. Will try again. It
wouldn't be easy for it to get into with that heavy trap - probably
weighs more that the mouse does.

Look for parts of a mouse tail, even look for a foot they chewed off
for survival. The trap is close.

I quit using glue traps as I found a mouse had almost gnawed off his
leg to escape one. I want them dead but don't want them to suffer.
Makes plenty of sense that a mouse would gnaw off his tail to escape.

I'm feeling bad about this missing trap too. However, the live traps
I've tried almost never catch anything. I don't like the idea of using
poison. Maybe back to the spring trap but weight or fasten it down?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 7/12/2016 12:32 PM, KenK wrote:
A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm
guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around.
Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the
kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

Now you have an opportunity to make a lot of money. Develop a GPS
tracking device to attach to the traps. Like the Lo Jack, only smaller.
Mo-Jack and the larger Rat-Jack

Ed, that was in the back of my mind too. You gave good names. We could
expand this into rap music for the hood...

--
Tekkie

How can a mouse trap be tripped and no mouse? james Home Repair 56 June 19th 16 03:05 PM
Mouse trap KenK Home Repair 7 September 29th 15 05:47 PM
Mouse Trap releasing by itself Balderdash Home Repair 22 February 2nd 07 12:24 PM
D-Con No-see-um mouse trap Lesley Home Repair 8 July 7th 06 09:07 PM
Electricitous Mouse Trap Steve B Metalworking 19 May 25th 06 01:05 AM