Posted to alt.home.repair
JP JP is offline

Default band-saw blades

What is a good brand to use that don't cost a fortune?
I have an old Parks 18" band-saw,it uses a 133" blade.
I mainly plan on using it to re-saw.
Should I get a 3/4" or 1" blade
Thanks for any help.
JP
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:53:25 -0800 (PST), JP
wrote:

What is a good brand to use that don't cost a fortune?
I have an old Parks 18" band-saw,it uses a 133" blade.
I mainly plan on using it to re-saw.
Should I get a 3/4" or 1" blade

When I was bandsawing quite a bit years ago Sears made a decent blade.

If you're re-sawing, then get the 1". And spend 'a fortune'. You'll
thank yourself. One blade. . set it up. . . run forever---

There's got to be some bandsaw wizards over on rec.woodworking these
days. Give them a shout.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"JP" wrote in message
What is a good brand to use that don't cost a fortune?
I have an old Parks 18" band-saw,it uses a 133" blade.
I mainly plan on using it to re-saw.
Should I get a 3/4" or 1" blade
Thanks for any help.
JP

Easy answer. A Wood Slicer from Highland Hardware. 3/4" will do the job
well
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...aw-blades.aspx

I use a 1/2" on my 14" saw and it works well but for yours, the 3/4" is
fine. $41 for your size.