Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ratings of fuel stabilizers

Are there any published ratings of fuel stablizers & ethanol remedy products other than the ones that tout certain products?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2015 6:40 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
Are there any published ratings of fuel stablizers & ethanol remedy products other than the ones that tout certain products?

Not easy to figure out and all contain proprietary ingredients.

Saw this at one site:

http://www.fuel-testers.com/review_g..._products.html

Presence of ethanol complicates the product as it adds a separation
problem. Otherwise I would expect antioxidants and metal sequestering
agents to be the main ingredients.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 11:53:36 -0500, Frank
wrote:

On 2/4/2015 6:40 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
Are there any published ratings of fuel stablizers & ethanol remedy products other than the ones that tout certain products?

Not easy to figure out and all contain proprietary ingredients.

Saw this at one site:

http://www.fuel-testers.com/review_g..._products.html

Presence of ethanol complicates the product as it adds a separation
problem. Otherwise I would expect antioxidants and metal sequestering
agents to be the main ingredients.

BHT is a very common component of many "fuel stabilizers" in the
past.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/04/2015 06:40 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
Are there any published ratings of fuel stablizers & ethanol remedy products other than the ones that tout certain products?

The good news:
If e10 gasoline is stored in an ***totally air-tight*** can it will stay fresh for at least a year.

The bad news:
Those crappy plastic gas cans they sell at Walfart are prolly not air-tight.

I've had good luck with this brand:
http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-U2-51-S-.../dp/B000BQO15I

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Ben Berndt:

I've had good luck with this brand:
http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-U2-51-S-.../dp/B000BQO15I

Looks like a very functional nozzle.

I am using these things: http://tinyurl.com/klru389
with this nozzle: http://tinyurl.com/ldw97dn

$28 + $45 = $73... about the same price. My nozzle is "OK", but your
nozzle looks superior.

A better nozzle for mine (that I was unaware of when I ordered my cans)
looks to be: http://www.dasmule.com/metal-nato-jerry-can-nozzle/, but
now the price is twelve bucks more...

The good part, though, is that with mine the nozzle is not bundled. I
can have five cans at $45 each and one more nozzle that looks as
functional as yours at $40...

OTOH, I would also give yours more points for ergonomics when pouring.
Not a lot of points, but some....
--
Pete Cresswell