Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bosch nexxt 500 washer door gasket (leak)

at first I thought the problem (small leak during wash) was due to the small missing
pieces around opening gasket but am now thinking it's the door itself not sealing
tightly enough with the automatic locking mechanism and water gets inside the glass
enclosure bottom.

is there a DIY guide to taking apart the door and perhaps getting some spare parts for
the Bosch Nexxt 500 series or perhaps someone can recommend an online forum that you
like.

images
http://i51.tinypic.com/r7kqz4.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/npg83o.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2exbmlf.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 19, 10:47*am, "lana" wrote:
at first I thought the problem (small leak during wash) was due to the small missing
pieces around opening gasket but am now thinking it's the door itself not sealing
tightly enough with the automatic locking mechanism and water gets inside the glass
enclosure bottom.

is there a DIY guide to taking apart the door and perhaps getting some spare parts for
the Bosch Nexxt 500 series or perhaps someone can recommend an online forum that you
like.

images http://i51.tinypic.com/r7kqz4.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/npg83o.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2exbmlf.jpg

I had a similar situation and the extended warranty took care of it.
A couple of small chunks out of the door gasket was the issue with
leaking from under the door onto the face of the machine. The
repairman was looking into another issue (the things will just stop
working if there's too much soap used in the wash - something about
the foam freaking the machine out), and while he was here he replaced
the gasket at no charge.

I asked him about the water getting inside the viewport window,
between the two panes, and he said that was common, he wouldn't do
anything about it, and the door could be taken apart, cleaned with
bleach and put back together. He seemed to be saying it was a lot of
work for something that would just happen again. Sigh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

had a similar situation and the extended warranty took care of it.

any tips or info on how the gasket is replaced? just remove the spring collar and then
what next?
did you observe how he did the replacement?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 19, 12:35*pm, "lana" wrote:
had a similar situation and the extended warranty took care of it.

any tips or info on how the gasket is replaced? just remove the spring collar and then
what next?
did you observe how he did the replacement?

I normally watch repairmen, but I don't hover over them and I didn't
see the gasket replacement. Sorry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 19, 1:24*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Dec 19, 12:35*pm, "lana" wrote:

had a similar situation and the extended warranty took care of it.

any tips or info on how the gasket is replaced? just remove the spring collar and then
what next?
did you observe how he did the replacement?

I normally watch repairmen, but I don't hover over them and I didn't
see the gasket replacement. *Sorry.

the ideal fix for a bosch dishwasher is replacing it.

I do admit they wash great but there parts cost a fortune
they break a lot few techs or companies repair them and repairs
dont last

The trash is their ideal home, last I checked consumer reports rates
them dead last for dependability............

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

On Dec 19, 12:35*pm, "lana" wrote:

had a similar situation and the extended warranty took care of it.

any tips or info on how the gasket is replaced? just remove the spring
collar and then
what next?
did you observe how he did the replacement?

I normally watch repairmen, but I don't hover over them and I didn't
see the gasket replacement. *Sorry.

the ideal fix for a bosch dishwasher is replacing it.

I do admit they wash great but there parts cost a fortune
they break a lot few techs or companies repair them and repairs
dont last

The trash is their ideal home, last I checked consumer reports rates
them dead last for dependability............

What does CR say about Bosch ranges?
Posted to alt.home.repair

this is a Nexxt 500 washer, rated best by CR among washers.

very nice and quiet unit, clothes come out almost dry after spin cycle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ATedK" wrote in message
ups.com...
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ak-610248-.htm
ATedK wrote:
That is false and linking to their site implies that you checked Bosch's
rating before posting.

Actually linking to CR's Dishwasher rating report:
CR rated Bosch's brand reliability 5th out of 14 companies with a problem
(repairs and serious problems) percentage of 10%; this range went from 8%
for the top two companies to a bottom rating of 23% (LG). So Bosch is 2
percentage points from the most reliable and 13 percentage points up from
the worst reliable.

In individual dishwasher ratings (overall performance) Bosch has the top 4
rating positions.

wrote:

On Dec 19, 1:24=A0pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Dec 19, 12:35=A0pm, "lana"
wrote:

had a similar situation and the extended warranty took
care of it.

any tips or info on how the gasket is replaced? just remove
the spring =

collar and then
what next?
did you observe how he did the replacement?

I normally watch repairmen, but I don't hover over them and I
didn't
see the gasket replacement. =A0Sorry.

the ideal fix for a bosch dishwasher is replacing it.

I do admit they wash great but there parts cost a fortune
they break a lot few techs or companies repair them and repairs
dont last

The trash is their ideal home, last I checked consumer reports rates
them dead last for dependability............

Are we talking about a clothes washer or dishwasher ?? The pics look like a
clothes washer but some comments are about dishwashers..We just replaced our
washer and dryer and am glad we went with the top loader with mechanical
controlls and resisted the temptation of the new front loaders with the
fancy electronics that keep breaking , leaky gaskets and smelly clothes from
to little water..The horror stories just keep coming....JMHO...