Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door opener

My garage door opener is humming but is working just fine. Is that a fire hazard?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3070010-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2020 9:01 PM, Deborah wrote:
My garage door opener is humming but is working just fine. Is that a
fire hazard?

How about more information. Hum all the time or just when it is
opening/closing? Did it just start or has it always done it?

Motors do hum when working.
Posted to alt.home.repair
u u is offline

Motors do hum when working.

thats some real news
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2020 9:21 PM, u wrote:

Motors do hum when working.

thats some real news

Only when they don't know the words
Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2020-11-15 8:10 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/15/2020 9:21 PM, u wrote:

Motors do hum when working.

thats some real news

Only when they don't know the words

the a sign you've got an air band in your water pump

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2020 9:21 PM, u wrote:

Motors do hum when working.

thats some real news

They're part of the dwarf clan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2020 9:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/15/2020 9:01 PM, Deborah wrote:
My garage door opener is humming but is working just fine. Is that a
fire hazard?

How about more information.Â* Hum all the time or just when it is
opening/closing?Â* Did it just start or has it always done it?

Motors do hum when working.

In my previous house I installed an opener that hummed. The only tune
was 60Hz and maybe some harmonics of 60Hz. It was the transformer that
provides low voltage for the buttons to manually control the door. It
did that for 30 some years and is probably still humming. If it were in
a place where I spent lots of time, I would have probably replace the
transformer. BTW, it was worse in the winter when the garage was
colder. Occationally, in the winter, I could even hear it in my
bedroom, which was above the garage.