Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mold on floor joist in crawl space.

Trying to treat mold in crawl space with 20% bleach in water. I
thought I could spray it on, but it beads up and runs off. Is there a
chemical that will kill the mold that can be applied with a sprayer.
Also is there a wetting agent that can be mixed with bleach that will
not bead up when applied. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Trying to treat mold in crawl space with 20% bleach in water. I
thought I could spray it on, but it beads up and runs off.

Household bleach is already diluted, commonly 3 to 6 per cent
sodium hypochlorite: so 20% bleach in water applies less than
1 per cent of the mould-killing solution. You may make better
progress if you use bleach straight out of the bottle.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Trying to treat mold in crawl space with 20% bleach in water. I
thought I could spray it on, but it beads up and runs off. Is there a
chemical that will kill the mold that can be applied with a sprayer.
Also is there a wetting agent that can be mixed with bleach that will
not bead up when applied. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For killing bleach a 50% solution is recommended. I frequently use 100%.
You might add a wetting agent. Perhaps dishwashing soap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 1:34*pm, wrote:
Trying to treat mold in crawl space with 20% bleach in water. I
thought I could spray it on, but it beads up and runs off. Is there a
chemical that will kill the mold that can be applied with a sprayer.
Also is there a wetting agent that can be mixed with bleach that will
not bead up when applied. Any help will be appreciated. *

Thanks in advance.

Maybe its doing its job the runoff is excess, did the wood look alot
different after an hour. Maybe some soap like dish soap
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 2:34*pm, wrote:
Trying to treat mold in crawl space with 20% bleach in water. I
thought I could spray it on, but it beads up and runs off. Is there a
chemical that will kill the mold that can be applied with a sprayer.
Also is there a wetting agent that can be mixed with bleach that will
not bead up when applied. Any help will be appreciated. *

Thanks in advance.

The CDC endorses a mixture of 10 parts water, one part bleach.
Assuming that a person is gonna be using 5% sodium hypochlorite
as the base solution.
Half cup per gallon of solution is close, then apply it with a misting
sprayer, and give it plenty of contact time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 2:34*pm, wrote:
Trying to treat mold in crawl space with 20% bleach in water. I
thought I could spray it on, but it beads up and runs off. Is there a
chemical that will kill the mold that can be applied with a sprayer.
Also is there a wetting agent that can be mixed with bleach that will
not bead up when applied. Any help will be appreciated. *

Thanks in advance.

Mold thrives best when the humidity is 55% or higher. Given good
thought towards correction in that direction.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 2:34*pm, wrote:
Trying to treat mold in crawl space with 20% bleach in water. I
thought I could spray it on, but it beads up and runs off. Is there a
chemical that will kill the mold that can be applied with a sprayer.
Also is there a wetting agent that can be mixed with bleach that will
not bead up when applied. Any help will be appreciated. *

Thanks in advance.

Soap. I use about 3/1 dilution when using bleach for mold as well. I
don't care what the cc says works. Get your self a good vapor mask
too if you're ding this in a crawl space. And get the heck out as
soon as you finish spraying.

Crawl Space mold and storage area RogerN Metalworking 9 September 8th 10 12:54 AM
Crawl Space Mold and Storage structures RogerN Metalworking 18 September 6th 10 09:41 AM
Furnace condensate draining directly to crawl space dirt floor blueman333 Home Repair 7 January 10th 07 12:49 AM
CRAWL SPACE theo Home Repair 3 May 16th 05 01:32 PM
How to fill crawl space insulation between 20" on center floor joists? [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 20th 05 04:56 PM