Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When in police interrogation room, do you:

A Keep quiet and insist on a lawyer,
B. Get your business straight with the law,
C. Fondle your junk

"[KANSAS CITY] A man taken into custody for rape allegations now faces
obscenity charges after police say he was caught stroking himself inside a
police interrogation room."

"When police left [the suspect] in a police interrogation room he reportedly
blocked the door with his chair, pulled out his penis and began to
masturbate."

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/08/19/ma...ew-room-99999/

What would you think if you were the cop doing the interview and couldn't
get back in the interview room? How would you write your report?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT When in police interrogation room, do you:

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/08/19/ma...mpted-rape-cau...

What would you think if you were the cop doing the interview and couldn't
get back in the interview room? How would you write your report?

Don't take this the wrong way, but what the **** is the matter with
you? Do you honestly have nothing better to do with your time then
post this junk? It's just sad.

Go volunteer at a soup kitchen or library and do something
constructive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

What would you think if you were the cop doing the interview and couldn't
get back in the interview room? How would you write your report?

I certainly wouldn't shake his hand after the interview....

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

What would you think if you were the cop doing the interview and couldn't
get back in the interview room? How would you write your report?

I'd wait until he was done, note what he wiped his hands on and
then send it out for DNA testing. Don't need a warrant if he has
abandoned the sample (another reason to not drink water, etc., while in
custody)

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-08-20, HeyBub wrote:
A Keep quiet and insist on a lawyer,
B. Get your business straight with the law,
C. Fondle your junk

"[KANSAS CITY] A man taken into custody for rape allegations now faces
obscenity charges after police say he was caught stroking himself inside a
police interrogation room."

"When police left [the suspect] in a police interrogation room he reportedly
blocked the door with his chair, pulled out his penis and began to
masturbate."

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/08/19/ma...ew-room-99999/

What would you think if you were the cop doing the interview and couldn't
get back in the interview room? How would you write your report?

A) Why do you care?
B) why would you refer to your favorite appendage as "junk"?

Hell, mine is not only NOT JUNK, it works better than new!

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 9:26*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:19*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
A Keep quiet and insist on a lawyer,
B. Get your business straight with the law,
C. Fondle your junk

"[KANSAS CITY] A man taken into custody for rape allegations now faces
obscenity charges after police say he was caught stroking himself inside a
police interrogation room."

Don't take this the wrong way, but what the **** is the matter with
you? *Do you honestly have nothing better to do with your time then
post this junk? *It's just sad.

Go volunteer at a soup kitchen or library and do something
constructive.

I suspect the tendency of many to post OT are shut-ins/invalids/
retarded "nobody-to-anybody" and unmoderated Usenet is their only
connection to the outside world.

"Normal" people seem less inclined to post "Hey, look what I found,
something on the internet about dicks!"
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:19 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
[...]

My apologies. I posted to the wrong group.

I intended it for a group where several of us ex- and current law
enforcement officers hang out. I assure you that I/we/they think it's
entertaining, but of course cops have a wildly different sense of humor from
that of normal folk. I used to introduce myself as "...I'm in solid waste
disposal. I'm a deputy sheriff."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:19 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
[...]

You're an ex- or present cop? That explains a lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 8:26*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:19*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

[...]

C'mon now. Do you really want somebody jerking off in a soup kitchen
or library?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 9:33*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:19 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
[...]

How about, "Lets go down to the police station for a Pig Knuckle
Sandwich."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 9:19*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

[...]

R- Hide quoted text -

How cant he take your response the wrong way, its funny rick and I
enjoy his posts, its better than 94.398% of the posts in here by the
ahr attendace viewed. I say shoot the guy, the cop thought it was a
weapon, he is just unhappy anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

You're an ex- or present cop? That explains a lot.

HeyBub's only mentioned that 100 times, Joe, where have you been? But
it's not the least bit ironic that law enforcement personnel are widely
despised by the general public. They started it. The city cops around
here treat everyone like pond scum, while prancing around in their skin
tight gestapo uniforms and knee-high leather boots. Then they wonder why
the referendum to fund a new police station went down to defeat 87-13.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

You're an ex- or present cop? That explains a lot.

HeyBub's only mentioned that 100 times, Joe, where have you been? But
it's not the least bit ironic that law enforcement personnel are widely
despised by the general public. They started it. The city cops around
here treat everyone like pond scum, while prancing around in their skin
tight gestapo uniforms and knee-high leather boots. Then they wonder why
the referendum to fund a new police station went down to defeat 87-13.

I don't despise them as much as I pity some of them because they're idiots.
In my neighborhood, they've completely bungled several burglary
investigations, two of them because the cops didn't understand the law and
had absolutel no common sense. And recently, I was pulled over after making
a turn off an exit ramp onto a local road. The cop described the way he saw
me do it and hinted that there was something wrong. I asked him to describe
it again. What he described was a perfectly executed turn. I reached into my
glove box, pulled out the NY driver's manual, turned to the page where it
showed that I did the turn perfectly, and handed him the book. He mumbled
something, went back to his car and pretended to do something important for
a couple of minutes, and then let me go.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Regarding police attitude - I've had a few traffic citations over the
years for violations I've clearly been guilty of ... some issued with
few words exchanged.

But I've more often than not, been given a break, like the time I was
doing 75 in a residential/business neighborhood, zoned at 25 mph.

On my way to work at 5:00 AM, when the city wasn't even awake yet, I
clocked 75 every morning to time the lights perfectly, and got away with
it for a long while - there was never another vehicle in sight.

Destined to happen, I caught the bubble gum machine flashing blue and
red lights of a police cruiser in my rear view mirror one morning.

Cop says, "Where ya headed?"

Told him I was on my way to work - he told me to slow it down, and
walked away.

My personal contact with LEO's has always found 99% of them to be
business like ... and polite.

Doesn't hurt to treat a cop like a human being, either.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
HeyBub's only mentioned that 100 times, Joe, where have you been? But
it's not the least bit ironic that law enforcement personnel are widely
despised by the general public. They started it. The city cops around
here treat everyone like pond scum, while prancing around in their skin
tight gestapo uniforms and knee-high leather boots. Then they wonder why
the referendum to fund a new police station went down to defeat 87-13.

I have cops in the family and among my friends; they are all good folks.
Having said that, in any profession there are people who should be in
another line of work, and I've met cops who should not have been issued a
badge and gun. Sadly there are entire police departments where a culture of
arrogance has developed. It isn't an easy situation to correct either as it
requires a serious and sustained commitment to change from the Chief on
down, and that usually requires the public demand a cleanup in a loud voice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I intended it for a group where several of us ex- and current law
enforcement officers hang out. I assure you that I/we/they think it's
entertaining, but of course cops have a wildly different sense of
humor from that of normal folk. I used to introduce myself as
"...I'm in solid waste disposal. I'm a deputy sheriff."

You're an ex- or present cop? That explains a lot.

Ex.

My observation is that people are funny. If they're stressed a bit, the
facade that allows them to function in society gets stripped away and they
get even funnier. Ask a cop, EMT, fireman, ER worker, and the like, and they
can tell you some hilarious stories. 'Course you've got to have a finely
honed sense of humor to appreciate them. Here's one:

Car passes me like I'm standing still one night about 3:00 a.m. Presently I
catch up to him and pull him over. My partner and I ask the driver to step
out of his car.

This GIANT black dude pours out and trots back to us (I mean he is BIG, at
least 6'6" and 300 pounds - I thought he must have been a linebacker for the
Houston Oilers).

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" my partner asks.

"Pussy, man!" says the driver.

We look at each other. "Say what?"

"Pussy, man! My old lady called. Said to get my black ass over to her place,
she be in the mood! And officers, she ain't in the mood all that often!"

My partner and I look at each other, shrug our shoulders and my partner says
to the driver "Well, can't really give a man a ticket for that. Go on, get
outta here, but take it easy, dude!"

" 'Preciate it officers. Thank you." He jumps in his car and squeals his
tires leaving the scene.

So we two cops stand on the side of a deserted road, under the stars, each
posting a small smile, gratified that in a tiny way we've made the world a
better place....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2010 10:33 AM, HeyBub wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:19 am, wrote:
[...]

I thought it was funny. The funniest and wildest emails I get are
passed on from a retired state trooper relative.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"J O E" wrote in message

[...]

One of my more interesting ones involved a cop telling me that I was doing
60 in a 30 zone. I was driving an 82 Toyota Tercel 4 cyl. He he'd seen me
waiting at a red light and that he'd hit me with the radar gun about 100
feet from the light. Clearly, that was absurd, since there's no way that
Tercel could accelerate from 0 to 60 in 100 feet. But it didn't matter. He
lied to the judge. The judge wasn't interested in mathematics, just money.

But on the other hand, I was fairly clocked doing 85 in a 55 zone and I was
on the way home from a gun range, so my handgun (in holster) was on the seat
next to me. The lady trooper looked at it and said "license & registration,
please, and leave that right where it is." Very businesslike. No big deal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I intended it for a group where several of us ex- and current law
enforcement officers hang out. I assure you that I/we/they think it's
entertaining, but of course cops have a wildly different sense of
humor from that of normal folk. I used to introduce myself as
"...I'm in solid waste disposal. I'm a deputy sheriff."

You're an ex- or present cop? That explains a lot.

Ex.

My observation is that people are funny.

My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're acting
EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime which true
Americans were supposed to abhor.

For instance, no matter what you're pulled over for, cops often ask where
you're coming from and/or where you're headed next. That's really none of
their friggin' business, which is why the absolute best way to deal with a
cop is absolute silence. Why not? The law protects our right to do that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:54:57 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

My observation is that people are funny. If they're stressed a bit, the
facade that allows them to function in society gets stripped away and they
get even funnier. Ask a cop, EMT, fireman, ER worker, and the like, and they
can tell you some hilarious stories. 'Course you've got to have a finely
honed sense of humor to appreciate them.

"Bob", the Safety Manager would give his Admission and Orientation
lecture to new federal inmates:

"Welcome to the Federal Bureau of Prisons!"

"You're gonna meet some of the sorriest, no good sons a bitches you
ever met. Some of them will be inmates."

Humor on the job is what helped me. Had a note in the office. "If
assholes could fly, this place would be an airport".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:08:44 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

My observation is that people are funny.

My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're acting
EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime which true
Americans were supposed to abhor.

For instance, no matter what you're pulled over for, cops often ask where
you're coming from and/or where you're headed next. That's really none of
their friggin' business, which is why the absolute best way to deal with a
cop is absolute silence. Why not? The law protects our right to do that.

I say yes sir, no sir. No need for him to charge me with "silent
contempt". What happens when he charges me with reckless eye-ballin'?

After 33 years, I was stopped this past year. The Officer refused my
papers. He started telling about having the stop light fixed on the
truck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My observation is that people are funny.

My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're acting
EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime which true
Americans were supposed to abhor.

For instance, no matter what you're pulled over for, cops often ask where
you're coming from and/or where you're headed next. That's really none of
their friggin' business, which is why the absolute best way to deal with a
cop is absolute silence. Why not? The law protects our right to do that.

I say yes sir, no sir. No need for him to charge me with "silent
contempt". What happens when he charges me with reckless eye-ballin'?

After 33 years, I was stopped this past year. The Officer refused my
papers. He started telling about having the stop light fixed on the
truck.

Hopefully, you were joking about silent contempt. Since this is usenet, you
never know what sort of nonsense people actually believe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're acting
EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime which true
Americans were supposed to abhor.

For instance, no matter what you're pulled over for, cops often ask where
you're coming from and/or where you're headed next. That's really none of
their friggin' business, which is why the absolute best way to deal with a
cop is absolute silence. Why not? The law protects our right to do that.

The last time I was pulled over the cop had grounds to be fairly unpleasant
if he had chosen to, including writing me a couple of expensive tickets and
having the vehicle towed away. But since I didn't try to bull**** him and
admitted I had been an idiot (I didn't kiss his ass, I was just honest) he
wrote me a little fix-it ticket and let us go on our way.

In my experience *most* cops are not looking for opportunities to be
assholes, but they can turn that on if you want to initiate that sort of
exchange. And having known some folks who lived behind the Iron Curtain, I
can assure you that your belief that U.S. cops and cops in the old Soviet
Union and/or current Russia operate exactly the same is pure fantasy. E.g.,
Russian cops damn near have a price list pinned to their uniforms so you
know what size bribe is appropriate to the situation--American cops get
fired and go to jail for that sort of thing when they get caught.

No, not all U.S. cops are saints, there are bad apples in most barrels and
in some cases even the barrel itself can be messed up (e.g. New Orleans PD).
But there is a world of difference between the police in the U.S. and the
USSR.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

My observation is that people are funny. If they're stressed a bit, the
facade that allows them to function in society gets stripped away and they
get even funnier.

A couple of times in recent years when we've gone through Customs after a
foreign trip (or whatever they call Customs these days) the Customs/Homeland
Security guy has been notably unpleasant. My wife has commented afterwards
that the Customs agent was a jerk, and I tell her it is just as likely he
was acting like a jerk to see what our reaction would be, like would we
start sweating and stammering and fidgeting like we were nervous about
something. And since we were cool and polite and didn't flip out he knew we
either had nothing to hide or were really slick international criminals.
Either way we've never had even the rudest Customs agent so much as ask to
look in our luggage, I guess we must fit that dumbass middle-class taxpayer
profile--heh heh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/20/2010 06:22 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Coming back from Japan earlier this year, I didn't have that
experience... it was the security people at the airport when we were on
our way out that were a PITA. Even they were reasonably nice, it was
just the waiting in line for an hour to get somewhere else to wait in
another line for an hour etc. that got wearing. The security and
airport people in Japan itself were stereotypically pleasant, helpful,
and polite, and the customs people on our return were efficient and
professional.

It was refreshing, however, how quickly the line at customs when
entering Japan moved... it was at least as long as the security
screening line in the US airport from which we departed, but they had it
down to a production line... I think we only waited in line for maybe
15-20 minutes tops. I figured we'd be there at *least* an hour possibly
two. Go Japanese dudes. Not sure whether that's due to more efficiency
on the part of the employees, or the politeness and eagerness not to
keep others waiting on the part of the passengers (or a little bit of both.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
[...]

The fact remains that unless they have reason to believe you were involved
in a crime, they have no grounds for asking where you're coming from or
going to. The only time it may benefit you to answer the question is if
you've had a couple of beers, the cop thinks you're OK, but he/she wants to
know that you're headed home instead of another bar.

This may be of interest to everyone in the discussion.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5833865&hl=en#

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

The fact remains that unless they have reason to believe you were involved
in a crime, they have no grounds for asking where you're coming from or
going to. The only time it may benefit you to answer the question is if
you've had a couple of beers, the cop thinks you're OK, but he/she wants to
know that you're headed home instead of another bar.

Actually they have every grounds to ask the questions. They just
have no grounds to do anything if you choose not to answer. You always
ask the questions in case someone is dumb enough to say something they
shouldn't.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're acting
EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime which true
Americans were supposed to abhor.

For instance, no matter what you're pulled over for, cops often ask where
you're coming from and/or where you're headed next.

Evidently something about either your appearance or your mannerisms makes you
appear suspicious to them. I've been pulled over a number of times for a
variety of traffic offenses under a variety of circumstances, and *never once*
in my adult life have I been asked where I was going, or where I came from. I
was asked that question a couple times as a teenager -- and it's a legitimate
question. A sixteen-year-old out at midnight on a Thursday may be violating
the law, or he may not, depending on whether he's coming home from work, a
school event, church, etc. -- all ok -- or from his girlfriend's house, which
is a curfew violation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"J O E" wrote in message

[...]

75 in a 25, and the bubble headed LEO let you go? You're an absolute idiot,
as well as your LEO's.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote
My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're acting
EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime which true
Americans were supposed to abhor.

For instance, no matter what you're pulled over for, cops often ask where
you're coming from and/or where you're headed next. That's really none of
their friggin' business, which is why the absolute best way to deal with a
cop is absolute silence. Why not? The law protects our right to do that.

Having been stopped a few times and NOT given a ticket, I'll skip your
advice and politely answer the question.

Most times, they don't care much where you've been but want to make a brief
conversation to see if you are slurring your words or other signs of driving
impaired. I used to drive a desolate road at about 1:00 AM and usually a
bit over the speed limit. I've been stopped, never cited. They are looking
for the drunks on the way home from the bars.

Speed limit is 45. One cop even told me at at 54, I'm OK, but at 55, it is
ticket time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cojoes" wrote
75 in a 25, and the bubble headed LEO let you go? You're an absolute
idiot, as well as your LEO's.

Not that hard to do. We have a road near us that has a speed limit of 45 in
most places and rightly so. Where you get past all the homes and buildings,
nothing but fields or woods on either side, and start down a long hill it
is very easy to coast up to 70 or so and the speed limit drops to 25 for no
sensible reason that I've been able to figure out. I've never seen anyone
do less than 50 through there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cojoes wrote:

"75 in a 25, and the bubble headed LEO let you go? You're an absolute
idiot, as well as your LEO's."

Can't dispute that - I was very young, and did some stupid things. I
shudder to contemplate the implications of that behavior.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

J O E wrote:
Cojoes wrote:

"75 in a 25, and the bubble headed LEO let you go? You're an absolute
idiot, as well as your LEO's."

Can't dispute that - I was very young, and did some stupid things. I
shudder to contemplate the implications of that behavior.

Joe

Like a lot of us on here, I resemble that remark. In hindsight, it is a
minor miracle that I still have both eyes and all my fingers and toes
(in semi-working condition), let alone never got locked up for anything.
I lead a much quieter, more careful life now. I don't heal up near as
fast as I used to.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

The fact remains that unless they have reason to believe you were
involved
in a crime, they have no grounds for asking where you're coming from or
going to. The only time it may benefit you to answer the question is if
you've had a couple of beers, the cop thinks you're OK, but he/she wants
know that you're headed home instead of another bar.

Actually they have every grounds to ask the questions. They just
have no grounds to do anything if you choose not to answer. You always
ask the questions in case someone is dumb enough to say something they
shouldn't.

And that's why the video offers good advice: Silence. Or, "Did you get a
chance to watch the meteor shower last night? Amazing!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're
acting EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime
which true Americans were supposed to abhor.

Yep. Cops the world over act (mostly) the same. In real life, they seldom
see the perpetrator, but always see the victim. A residence burglary, a car
that was stolen, an act of vandalism, a rape or armed robbery, and more are
often life-changing events for the person harmed. You help when you can -
often just by listening. You make the report.

I visited the police station in Jerusalem. It looked EXACTLY like police
stations the world over: faded linoleum tile, florescent lights (some not
working), a drunk handcuffed to a bench in the waiting room, and a desk
sergeant with about a hundred rubber stamps.

In large measure, a cop is a boy scout with a gun.

For instance, no matter what you're pulled over for, cops often ask
where you're coming from and/or where you're headed next. That's
really none of their friggin' business, which is why the absolute
best way to deal with a cop is absolute silence. Why not? The law
protects our right to do that.

Yes it is. They are giving you a chance to get out of a ticket. Not only do
exigent circumstances (wife in labor) provide a perfect defense, often a
pretty good circumstance is enough. Sometimes he can help ("The alarm
company said my business alarm is going off...")

I once asked a driver why he was going so fast and he told me that, beyond
all expectations, his bowling team was in the finals and he was rushing home
to retrieve his check-book to pay for the next round. I sent him on his way
with only the admonition to be careful.

Hint: Never say you didn't see the stop sign or didn't realize you were
going that fast. The drivers who are oblivious to their surroundings are
exactly the ones that law enforcement wants to target. Better to say, "Yes,
I saw the stop sign and I also saw that it was safe to proceed. Since I'm on
an urgent mission...."

As to your misunderstanding of the law, you do not have the right to remain
completely silent. In most jurisdictions, it is a crime to fail to identify
yourself. Should you insist on total silence, the officer may have no choice
but to take you somewhere where you CAN be identified.

Don't forget, a police officer is a microcosm of the criminal justice
system:
* He initiates the complaint,
* He investigates the situation,
* He weighs the facts and the evidence,
* If his verdict is against you, he meets out the penalty (citation or
arrest)

One more hint: If you have a problem with a cop, the street is NOT the place
to settle the disagreement. You will always lose - and sometimes die.
Righteous indignation is a powerful force but it does not stand a chance
against training, experience, firepower, and reinforcements. You can yell
and shove your boss, wife, or co-worker but if you do that to a cop, he'll
light you up like a Christmas tree. Then it gets bad.

In Texas, hitting a police officer is a felony of the first degree (five to
99 years or life and up to $10,000 fine).

No, the best thing you can do when stopped is to say: "Officer, am I glad to
see you! I've been pulling on my penis for several hours now and I think I
broke it. Can you take a look and tell me if it's all right?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 5:40*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

*"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

You're an ex- or present cop? That explains a lot.

HeyBub's only mentioned that 100 times, Joe, where have you been? But
it's not the least bit ironic that law enforcement personnel are widely
despised by the general public. They started it. The city cops around
here treat everyone like pond scum, while prancing around in their skin
tight gestapo uniforms and knee-high leather boots. Then they wonder why
the referendum to fund a new police station went down to defeat 87-13.

Very interesting...................!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're
acting EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime
which true Americans were supposed to abhor.

As to your misunderstanding of the law, you do not have the right to
remain completely silent. In most jurisdictions, it is a crime to fail to
identify yourself. Should you insist on total silence, the officer may
have no choice but to take you somewhere where you CAN be identified.

The photo-equipped license I take out of my wallet is more than sufficient
to identify me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 6:25*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

[...]

The last time I got pulled over (in the UK) it was for driving too
slowly. It was snowing heavily, I was passing close to parked cars, I
was passing a pub where several drunks were jumping about and my turbo-
charger was cold.
Our cops are not very smart either. Which is why we call them plods.

Beezebub's OT posts are usually interesting even if he is mad.
It's interesting plumbing the depths of his madness :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 9:08*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

[...]

In the UK they say"Are you the owner of this vehicle?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 11:22*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

[...]

Meeting cops in South America can be interesting. The locals all hate
their cops. Tourist usually do OK...........
http://freespace.virgin.net/susan.armitage/copscuz.JPG