Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Table fan repair

I have an oscillating table fan that recently stopped working. I'll
probably just buy an new one, but wondered if anyone here might have any
useful suggestions. The fan's performance didn't degrade over time; it was
working properly and then suddenly it just wouldn't turn on. I've tested
the 4 way switch (Off-1-2-3) and it's working properly. And when the
control is switched to any of of the "on" settings, the motor doesn't even
make a humming sound and rotation can't be started by giving the fan blades
a shove, so I assume the problem is not with the motor starting capacitor.
The shaft can be turned freely by hand and there don't seem to be any broken
or disconnected wires. Are there any other "usual causes" of this type
problem that should be investigated before I throw this thing away? Thanks
for your replies!

Table fan repair PE[_2_] Home Repair 14 August 23rd 10 04:30 PM
Table lamp repair Dave Baker UK diy 4 December 24th 08 10:30 PM
Need help to repair my table from burn?!? jonat Woodworking 8 January 8th 07 03:48 AM
Repair cracked table Goose Woodworking 7 March 14th 06 08:42 PM
Round oak table repair [email protected] Woodworking 4 January 13th 05 03:40 PM