Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best Lubricant for double-hung wood windows in aluminum track?

I have just finished reglazing one of my double-hung windows with new
thermopane glass, refinished the wood frame and am now ready to
reinstall in the aluminum track. I am thinking WD-40 is not the best
choice for a lubricant; a spray-on teflon might be better. Anyone
have first-hand experience with teflon spray? Any particular brand
names to look for?

TIA for any advice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 16, 5:39*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I have just finished reglazing one of my double-hung windows with new
thermopane glass, refinished the wood frame and am now ready to
reinstall in the aluminum track. I am thinking WD-40 is not the best
choice for a lubricant; a spray-on teflon might be better. *Anyone
have first-hand experience with teflon spray? Any particular brand
names to look for?

TIA for any advice.

Either the previously suggested wax or paraffin. *You might also consider
silicone. *It is safe for wood plastic and metal.

--
Colbyt
Please come visithttp://www.househomerepair.com

I've got a lot of old candle wax, will use it tomorrow, too late
tonite to do it. Will report how it works.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HE IS ASKING ABOUT TEFLON SPRAY NOT YOUR HILLBILLY REMEDIES

BEES WAX OR ANY WAX GUNK WILL EVENTUALLY DRY UP WITH THE HEAT AND
ELEMENTS AND RUST UP THE WORKS

TEFLON IS EASY TO APPLY
JUST SPRAY THE TRACK STARTING FROM THE TOP DOWN
AND DO SO YEARLY OR AS NEEDED

DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE REDNECKS
THEY AIN'T GOTS NOT EDUMACATION
JUST WOODLAND "NO HOW" LOL

I AM PROTEUS
Posted to alt.home.repair

Silicone comes to mind. Usually clear, and doesn't attract dust. I
havn't lubed windows, but Snap from Advance Auto Parts and Battery has
worked for various things for me.

Joke: What happened to the woman who didn't know the difference
between vaseline and putty?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
I have just finished reglazing one of my double-hung windows with new
thermopane glass, refinished the wood frame and am now ready to
reinstall in the aluminum track. I am thinking WD-40 is not the best
choice for a lubricant; a spray-on teflon might be better. Anyone
have first-hand experience with teflon spray? Any particular brand
names to look for?

TIA for any advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I have just finished reglazing one of my double-hung windows with new
thermopane glass, refinished the wood frame and am now ready to
reinstall in the aluminum track. I am thinking WD-40 is not the best
choice for a lubricant; a spray-on teflon might be better. *Anyone
have first-hand experience with teflon spray? Any particular brand
names to look for?

TIA for any advice.

Just put the waxed windows in, they work great so far. Now they will
be closed for about 3 months, when they might get opened once a
month. Will see then how things work out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I have just finished reglazing one of my double-hung windows with new
thermopane glass, refinished the wood frame and am now ready to
reinstall in the aluminum track. I am thinking WD-40 is not the best
choice for a lubricant; a spray-on teflon might be better. *Anyone
have first-hand experience with teflon spray? Any particular brand
names to look for?

TIA for any advice.

Just put the waxed windows in, they work great so far. *Now they will
be closed for about 3 months, when they might get opened once a
month. *Will see then how things work out.

FINE, GUNKY BUT OK
COME NEXT SEASON
DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU

IAP

R9 argon gas double hung windows Boothbay Home Repair 8 May 13th 06 04:59 PM
Reglzing double hung wooden windows Ian Home Repair 21 September 15th 05 04:20 PM
Replacing 1/16 glass in double hung wood windows cjra Home Repair 9 January 21st 05 12:13 AM
Old Double Hung Windows w/Insulated Glass Art Stewart Home Ownership 2 April 16th 04 05:18 PM
Where can I get replacement sashes for old wood double hung windows? The Chairman Home Repair 1 April 16th 04 11:44 AM