Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 3:13:04 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 11:04:56 -0800 (PST), Doctor Bob
wrote:

On Friday, June 18, 2010 at 8:58:42 PM UTC-5, Some Guy wrote:
Is there any difference between a tank of welding oxygen vs medical
oxygen as far as purity, concentration, hazardous impurities, etc, that
would render welding oxygen insufficient (or even dangerous) for helping
to supplement breathing / respiration ?

On Friday, June 18, 2010 ........

The OP died long ago, when he began breathing from an Acetylene tank
while smoking a cigarette. Pieces of his lungs were found as far as 20
miles away.

On Friday, June 18, 2010 ........
On Friday, June 18, 2010 ........
On Friday, June 18, 2010 ........

I think the time has come to start a class action lawsuit against
Homeownershub.com

Any Website (such as Homeownershub) who reproduces this message without
my permission, WILL BE PROSECUTED!

Some Guy is survived by a wife, 4 ex-wives, 36 children and 632 gerbils. The gerbils really miss him. It was such a tragedy. (~_~)

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes it is ! I'm telling mom
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 18, 2010 at 8:58:42 PM UTC-5, Some Guy wrote:
Is there any difference between a tank of welding oxygen vs medical
oxygen as far as purity, concentration, hazardous impurities, etc, that
would render welding oxygen insufficient (or even dangerous) for helping
to supplement breathing / respiration ?

I work for a welding supply company that handles both medical and industrial grade Oxygen. yes they are both filled from the same tank of bulk oxygen.. Then problem isnt what is put in the tank. Its what was in the tank before. A typical oxy act cutting set up can bleed actylene back into the oxygen bottle if ran dry. There are so many other means of contamination. Medical bottles are used for medical only. So the 99.50% required to make USP oxygen is true for all oxygen bottles. But its the other .50% that you dont know what you are getting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

please tell me that can we use welding gas for medical purpose (oxygen) for my dad
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/06/2017 09:43, wrote:
please tell me that can we use welding gas for medical purpose (oxygen) for my dad

https://survivalblog.com/five-letter...elding-oxygen/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/19/17 4:43 AM, wrote:
please tell me that can we use welding gas for medical purpose (oxygen) for my dad

It's BAAAACKKK!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Um, who gives a **** if your questions were a hundred years ago, some of the oldest books are still read to this day, if someone has an input, then **** you, you lame retarded *******,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 18, 2010 at 8:58:42 PM UTC-5, Some Guy wrote:
Is there any difference between a tank of welding oxygen vs medical
oxygen as far as purity, concentration, hazardous impurities, etc, that
would render welding oxygen insufficient (or even dangerous) for helping
to supplement breathing / respiration ?

In my area of the mid-continent fly-over country the commercial fill plants that fill "welding" oxygen cylinders also fill FROM THE SAME BULK STORAGE tank (whose contents are generated by their in-house oxygen separation plant) MEDICAL oxygen. There is no difference as to purity. It's all essentially laboratory-quality (I use 'gas' in a lab setting; the same truck that delivers our welding oxy also delivers to the lab) oxygen. There may be a difference in aviation oxygen due to moisture content that might freeze at altitude. My knowledge of engineering would indicate that the oxygen separation process would by virtue of its temperatures also remover ALL moisture. If there is a separate FAA criteria, I suspect it's somewhat artificial as to whose turf is being invaded---similar to aircraft A&P mechanics required to have different licenses simply to change oil in an airplane.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am typing this comment in 2020 during the COVID-19 crisis in the United States.
My wife and I are in the age group that is told that people our age are more susceptible to serious health complications if we are victims of this virus. One symptom of getting COVID-19 is that the lungs lose their ability to provide enough oxygen to the critical organs in the body.
After reading many informed comments on several group discussions, I sought and assembled what I think are the necessary attachments for my welding oxygen tank.
I purchased a quality pressure valve that attaches to my oxygen tank that has an outlet that fits on a medical oxygen hose. This regulator has a pressure gauge monitoring the tank pressure and a regulator valve that controls the volume of oxygen being delivered to the patient.
Because I am concerned about some comments about possible buildup of contamination in an older steel tank, I purchased a small engine gas filter that fits on the oxygen line and a medical bacteria filter for placement in the oxygen line.
Because I became aware that oxygen from my tank would be too dry for a medical emergency use, I purchased a hospital quality humidifier bottle that will contain distilled water and is made for the purpose of humidifying medical oxygen. I put the humidifier bottle in the oxygen tube after the small engine filter and before the bacteria filter. This humidifying bottle also has a filter in it.
Because some comments mentioned that the patient shouldn't breath just the pure oxygen, I am not using a face mask to administer the oxygen but am using the small tube that has two nozzles that are placed under the nose. This will allow the patient to inhale the pure oxygen and the natural room air at the same time.
I consulted with a doctor who thinks my setup should be helpful if needed..
I'm open for comments and criticism.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 10:53:00 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

If you are worried I suppose you could put in a filter but oxygen
tends to be a pretty clean gas anyway, even if it doesn't have the
tracking a medical bottle does, simply because so many things you
might mix with it goes boom.
I think once you get up into the 150 and larger, they are all medical
grade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Just about every supplier uses the same source to fill tanks. Main
difference is Medical comes with a certification.

Using a cannula you want to supply about 2 liters per minute, but even
half that helps. Use of a humidifier depends on your situation with
ambient air. Yes, the O2 is dry but you also do not want too much
moisture in the lungs. You can also buy an oximeter to check her
saturation so you can see what her typical is and if it goes low.

Problem with your tank is the supply limit. OK for a while but an H
tank has about 7000 liters. That will give you about 55 hours.

If you can get a hold of liquid O2 you can get a week out of a fill.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the replies.
As I continue to try to be prepared, I found the following to give guidance for the use of oxygen provision in a critical situation:
https://www.redcross.org/content/dam...ctandSkill.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

Thanks for the replies.
As I continue to try to be prepared, I found the following to give guidance for the use of oxygen provision in a critical situation:
https://www.redcross.org/content/dam...ctandSkill.pdf

Have you looked into the oxygen concentrator machines ? You would not
have to keep getting more supplies of oxygen in the tanks.

Oxygen Bleach alexander.keys1 UK diy 51 February 17th 07 09:40 AM
Oxy/Acetelene Oxygen regulator stone Metalworking 3 April 7th 05 04:12 AM
Oxygen Samantha BeanHead Metalworking 15 January 5th 05 12:19 AM
Cleaning for Oxygen Service Mark Metalworking 6 June 27th 04 01:23 AM