Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hijacked

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Mc wrote:
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Ed, thank you for your comment. We have investigated the thread you
referenced, and we can verify that there is indeed a lapse of content
unrelated to the legitimate home repair topic.

At this time, content enforcers have been sent to interview several of the
authors, and I can assure you that all steps will be taken to assure that
this never happens again.

Again, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.

Jon Danniken
Usenet Authority #876

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Mc wrote in :

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

"Hijacking a thread"

But wait! There's More!!

It's the Internet/usenet. Deal.

...shame some people have to waste their time ...

Oh, I thought that was the purpose of NG's...???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-03-06, Ed Mc wrote:
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

You posted this to the wrong newsgroup. You need to go to
alt.home.snivel.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Mc wrote:
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time
scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help.
Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Beware of us agent provocateurs, we will set you up to make you violate
the rules so we can take you down.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Mar 6, 7:30*am, Ed Mc wrote:
* * * * I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

==
"Hijacking a thread" is common operating procedure for UseNet...just
read backwards until you get to the original subject.
==
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Mc" wrote in message
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I wonder
if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely, "Hijacking a
thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time scrolling
through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help. Just vetting.
Thanks for listening.

Ya, love Vetting, I have a Vette, my brother has a Vette. We drive to the
monthly Vette club meeting and swap Vette stories. Anybody else drive a
Vette?
Huh, wa, oh, that's not what you meant? oh, that is what you meant.
Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Mc wrote:
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time
scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help.
Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks to the misleading subject line,
I was unaware of the smoking discussion.

I've traced the problem back to the OP. If he didn't know what the
thread was supposed to be about, he should not have posted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:hmu4vi$kvb
:

Ed Mc wrote:
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time
scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help.
Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Beware of us agent provocateurs, we will set you up to make you violate
the rules so we can take you down.

TDD

They just busted down my door. I've been sentenced to lose my Johnson at
the public square for all to see.
Posted to alt.home.repair

amdx wrote:
"Ed Mc" wrote in message
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I wonder
if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely, "Hijacking a
thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time scrolling
through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help. Just vetting.
Thanks for listening.

Ya, love Vetting, I have a Vette, my brother has a Vette. We drive to the
monthly Vette club meeting and swap Vette stories. Anybody else drive a
Vette?
Huh, wa, oh, that's not what you meant? oh, that is what you meant.
Mike

Lets hijack this thread and turn it into a car thread! Vettes suck, AC
Cobra all the way! ROTFLMAO

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 6, 12:55*pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

They just busted down my door. I've been sentenced to lose my Johnson at
the public square for all to see.

Will someone please post the pictures on YouTube for those of us that
can't make the event...

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, gosh, that's wild. I have driven Chevrolet for a lot of
years. I don't want to get Onstar, and have someone else
make all my decisions for me. "Oh, should I stop and go pee?
I'd better press my blue button!"

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

Lets hijack this thread and turn it into a car thread!
Vettes suck, AC
Cobra all the way! ROTFLMAO

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've said much the same thing, several times. No one appears
to pay much attention to me, either.

Outdoors, I've smelled a lit cigarette within a minute, at
over 100 feet, on a calm day.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Mc" wrote in message
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a
lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs.
non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more
precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste
their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to
get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Mc wrote:
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time
scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help.
Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

If you read the subject line, it clearly shows that part of the thread
that continues on about smoking. You don't have to waste your time
reading anything, or waste space with YOUR useless message.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 06:30:10 -0800, Ed Mc wrote:

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues

You raise a good point here. I was thinking just yesterday about the
pros and cons of legal abortion, of federalism versus a strong central
government versus a weak central government with strong state
governments.

Also the state of international law, self-reliance, unwed mothers,
vaccination scares, and genetic testing.

And of course, how all of these relate to home repair.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion, so come on y'all. Join in.

and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 06:30:10 -0800, Ed Mc wrote:

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Sir,

The above mentioned thread was not Hijacked. Closer attention
demonstrates that the OP found his solution to the drill problem and
posted back in the thread.

After that! It is "Katie bar the door".

Sincerely,

Hall Monitor
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote in
:

[...]

Even my opinion? Being a smoker, I have an inferior IQ it was said. But at
least I'm not dumb enough to say such a thing. My shoes all have TGIF on
them as a reminder...that Toes Go In First.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:01:33 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Oh, gosh, that's wild. I have driven Chevrolet for a lot of
years. I don't want to get Onstar, and have someone else
make all my decisions for me. "Oh, should I stop and go pee?
I'd better press my blue button!"

'53 Chevy was a fine car.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yoph8y.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe" wrote in message
On Mar 6, 12:55 pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

They just busted down my door. I've been sentenced to lose my Johnson at
the public square for all to see.

Will someone please post the pictures on YouTube for those of us that
can't make the event...

Joe

Reply:

And do NOT forget to start a thread on that. So we can entrap more
hijackers. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! No, not that one, Mildred!

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Mc wrote:
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time
scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help.
Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Beware of us agent provocateurs, we will set you up to make you violate
the rules so we can take you down.

TDD

They just busted down my door. I've been sentenced to lose my Johnson at
the public square for all to see.

Just lie. Tell 'em it's an Evinrude.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oh, gosh, that's wild. I have driven Chevrolet for a lot of
years. I don't want to get Onstar, and have someone else
make all my decisions for me. "Oh, should I stop and go pee?
I'd better press my blue button!"

'53 Chevy was a fine car.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yoph8y.jpg

Hey You! Pull over! We know you're hiding Mexicans in the car,
where are they?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
mm wrote in
:

[...]

fyi, nothing is more tedious than an idiot who persists in trying to be
funny.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Mar 7, 6:44*am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
"Red Green" wrote in message

mm wrote in
:

[...]

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
==

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote
Ed Mc wrote:

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues

Also the state of international law, self-reliance, unwed mothers,
vaccination scares, and genetic testing.

And of course, how all of these relate to home repair.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion, so come on y'all. Join in.

Heheh it's called thread drift. Happens all the time. If not interested, I
delete. If interested, I normally just quietly read such thread drifts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Red Green" wrote in message
mm wrote in
:

[...]

Or a critic.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong
man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The
credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred
by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short
again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings;
but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm,
the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best
knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he
fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never
be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cshenk" wrote in message
"mm" wrote
Ed Mc wrote:

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues

Also the state of international law, self-reliance, unwed mothers,
vaccination scares, and genetic testing.

And of course, how all of these relate to home repair.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion, so come on y'all. Join in.

Heheh it's called thread drift. Happens all the time. If not interested,
I delete. If interested, I normally just quietly read such thread drifts.

STOP, SCOTTY. DO NOT BEAM ME UP! There actually IS intelligent life here.

Nice one, cshenk.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Existential Angst wrote:

fyi, nothing is more tedious than an idiot who persists in trying to
be funny.

*I* think idiots are funny, trying or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Existential Angst wrote:

fyi, nothing is more tedious than an idiot who persists in trying to
be funny.

*I* think idiots are funny, trying or not.

Good point. As long as they keep sed idiocy relatively short.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Red Green" wrote in message
mm wrote in
:

[...]

Yeah, that's about par for the self-obsessed maudlinesque TR, who proves
that even ADHD near-psychopaths, hell-bent on shooting every goddamm living
thing that moved into the crosshairs of his rifle scope, can find time to
write -- poorly. goodgawd.....

His nature conservancy would appear to be to have more things to shoot, more
conveniently.
Fortunately, he displayed somewhat less pathology toward his own kind. And,
without TR, Hemmingway would have role-model-less.

Heh, Congress is beyond criticizing, those mutha****as just need
euthanizing, all 550 of'em, along with the 5,500 very highly paid lobbyists
in DC......
Or, mebbe save on fairly expensive chemicals, and just tie them all behind
a pickup truck, and drive for a few hours at 20 mph......

Also, doing and criticism are not mutually exclusive, either -- esp.
constructive criticism. Cold Fusion certainly needed some critiquing, no?
Altho, admittedly, the comment at hand was not really intended as
constructive, since, well, it was directed at an idiot. The most you can
hope for with an idiot is that they eventually just stfu.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:10:55 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[snip]

Hey You! Pull over! We know you're hiding Mexicans in the car,
where are they?

TDD

Jesus is in the trunk
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Red Green" wrote in message
mm wrote in
:

[...]

Thank you. Good bye.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry L" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:10:55 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[snip]

Hey You! Pull over! We know you're hiding Mexicans in the car,
where are they?

TDD

Jesus is in the trunk

Oh, I don't care if it's rainin' or muddy,
I always got my plastic buddy,
Right there on the dashboard of my car........

I don't care if it rains of freezes,
I always have my plastic Jesus,
Right there on the dashboard of my car ......

Posted to alt.home.repair

Can't be. He just mowed my lawn, and built my home addition.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Harry L" wrote in message
Hey You! Pull over! We know you're hiding Mexicans in the
car,
where are they?

TDD

Jesus is in the trunk

Posted to alt.home.repair

cshenk wrote:
"mm" wrote
Ed Mc wrote:

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues

Also the state of international law, self-reliance, unwed mothers,
vaccination scares, and genetic testing.

And of course, how all of these relate to home repair.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion, so come on y'all. Join in.

Heheh it's called thread drift. Happens all the time. If not
interested, I delete. If interested, I normally just quietly read such
thread drifts.

Real Life discussions work the same. Have you ever noticed that
party conversation or BS sessions at the supply house often go
off on wild tangents that have nothing to do with the original
topic of conversation? That's what makes it entertaining. I feel
sorry for those dismal individuals who can't enjoy a lively chin
wag.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

I hope these Usenet Violators are sent to one of the usenet
concentration camps to be beaten and tortured, and later they face the
firing squad. According to the authorities, there will be at least
one of these camps in every state in the USA, as well as other
countries by July of 2010. It's about time!

And airline passengers must be naked and anesthetized.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Harry L wrote:

And airline passengers must be naked and anesthetized.

I thought that law was only for the women passengers.