Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cooper Lighting Motion Sensor Outdoor Light, Turning Light On

Hi,

I'm trying to help a relative who lost the owner's manual for
her Cooper Lighting model MS80W outdoor motion sensor
flood light. She no longer wants the motion sensor feature, but
wants to be able to turn it on and off like a regular light.

Note: She has a power switch in the house for that light.

Unfortunately a visit to Cooper's web site and a Google search did not
result in a source for the owner's manual or the information we want.

It seems logical that there must be a way to turn the light on when you
want it to stay on without taking the sensor apart and bypassing that
circuit.

Do you know a way I can convert that into a regular on/off light
by way of the power switch?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to help a relative who lost the owner's manual for
her Cooper Lighting model MS80W outdoor motion sensor
flood light. She no longer wants the motion sensor feature, but
wants to be able to turn it on and off like a regular light.

Note: She has a power switch in the house for that light.

Unfortunately a visit to Cooper's web site and a Google search did not
result in a source for the owner's manual or the information we want.

It seems logical that there must be a way to turn the light on when you
want it to stay on without taking the sensor apart and bypassing that
circuit.

Do you know a way I can convert that into a regular on/off light
by way of the power switch?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

My light will come on and stay on if you momentarily flick the switch off
and then back on.
However, this will only work during the night. There is a light sensor that
that keeps the unit off during the day.

There is also a test mode that works during daylight hours.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 2:05*pm, "Iowna Uass" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

There is also a test mode that works during daylight hours.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah my el-cheapo ones work similar.
Can't remember the procedure ................ something about turn off
for less than five seconds or maybe turn off for more than five
seconds, then on again and it comes on steadily. But agree that as
adjusted now that may only be after dusk.
However since the 'dusk' setting on ours are adjustable it should be
possible, as far as I can see, to set the thing to ignore the dusk/
light setting.
If it is necessary it's a pretty simple job change disconnect one wire
and wire straight through. Provided as always you know, electrically,
what one is doing!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 10:54*am, wrote:
Hi,

* * * I'm trying to help a relative who lost the owner's manual for
her Cooper Lighting model MS80W outdoor motion sensor
flood light. *She no longer wants the motion sensor feature, but
wants to be able to turn it on and off like a regular light.

* * *Note: She has a power switch in the house for that light.

* * *Unfortunately a visit to Cooper's web site and a Google search did not
result in a source for the owner's manual or the information we want.

* * It seems logical that there must be a way to turn the light on when you
want it to stay on without taking the sensor apart and bypassing that
circuit.

* * *Do you know a way I can convert that into a regular on/off light
by way of the power switch?

* * * * * Thank You in Advance, *John

PS, *Remove "ine" from my email address

All units ive seen the motion part cant be changed unless it has a
dusk to dawn option operated by the photocell. If it doesnt come on at
night by flicking the switch up and down several times and has no dusk
to dawn feature remove the fixture and put in a socket.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 11:37*am, ransley wrote:
On May 13, 10:54*am, wrote:

[...]

to dawn feature remove the fixture and put in a socket.- Hide quoted text -

Just bypass the sensing circuit and wire the incoming 2 wires to the 2
wires going to the light bulb itself.