Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default HOA conflict

"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 May 2010 11:57:14 -0400, mm
wrote:

"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

This reminded me of something that happened once. A communications
tech was on a ladder, fixing a trip-wire on a fence next to the Miami
Metro Zoo. (not part of the Zoo) He was standing on the ground later,
and an escaped Llama from the Zoo accosted him. The slobber from the
Llama got his hair all wet. I saw Randy in another state years later
and we laughed about it!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

I'd have to read the contract but I think a llama is classified as
"livestock". If the HOA allowed it they could be opening a can of worms.
Next could be chickens and pigs.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

This reminded me of something that happened once. A communications
tech was on a ladder, fixing a trip-wire on a fence next to the Miami
Metro Zoo. (not part of the Zoo) He was standing on the ground later,
and an escaped Llama from the Zoo accosted him. The slobber from the
Llama got his hair all wet. I saw Randy in another state years later
and we laughed about it!!!!!!

This may be how llamas do their guarding. They slobber on intruders.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

This reminded me of something that happened once. A communications
tech was on a ladder, fixing a trip-wire on a fence next to the Miami
Metro Zoo. (not part of the Zoo) He was standing on the ground later,
and an escaped Llama from the Zoo accosted him. The slobber from the
Llama got his hair all wet. I saw Randy in another state years later
and we laughed about it!!!!!!

This may be how llamas do their guarding. They slobber on intruders.

I'm not sure for certain. I am cautious of spitting cobras and camels
that slobber. Not to mention a giraffe with a 16" tongue.

I can't have Nigerian Dwarf Goats!

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

This reminded me of something that happened once. A communications
tech was on a ladder, fixing a trip-wire on a fence next to the Miami
Metro Zoo. (not part of the Zoo) He was standing on the ground later,
and an escaped Llama from the Zoo accosted him. The slobber from the
Llama got his hair all wet. I saw Randy in another state years later
and we laughed about it!!!!!!

This may be how llamas do their guarding. They slobber on intruders.

I'm not sure for certain. I am cautious of spitting cobras and camels
that slobber. Not to mention a giraffe with a 16" tongue.

I can't have Nigerian Dwarf Goats!

Maybe get Double Dwarf Goats and no one will see them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

This reminded me of something that happened once. A communications
tech was on a ladder, fixing a trip-wire on a fence next to the Miami
Metro Zoo. (not part of the Zoo) He was standing on the ground later,
and an escaped Llama from the Zoo accosted him. The slobber from the
Llama got his hair all wet. I saw Randy in another state years later
and we laughed about it!!!!!!

This may be how llamas do their guarding. They slobber on intruders.

I'm not sure for certain. I am cautious of spitting cobras and camels
that slobber. Not to mention a giraffe with a 16" tongue.

I can't have Nigerian Dwarf Goats!

Maybe get Double Dwarf Goats and no one will see them.

"One is the black and white one is two years and the tri-colored one
is a year old. "....

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/grd/1729686291.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

JimT wrote:
wrote in message
"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

...If the HOA allowed it they could be opening a can of worms.

Exactly why I won't live in an area with a HOA - I don't like having to
keep my worms in cans!

I live in an area of of our city that looks like any other suburb full
of detached single family homes, only we have horses and cows within
walking distance (the closest horses are only a 3 minute walk away). The
properties are grandfathered from the days when this was a farming
community.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

A guard puma would be more effective.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ned Flanders" wrote in message
JimT wrote:
wrote in message
"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let
him get a guard llama."

...If the HOA allowed it they could be opening a can of worms.

Exactly why I won't live in an area with a HOA - I don't like having to
keep my worms in cans!

I live in an area of of our city that looks like any other suburb full of
detached single family homes, only we have horses and cows within walking
distance (the closest horses are only a 3 minute walk away). The
properties are grandfathered from the days when this was a farming
community.

We kept a horse in our backyard until the city made us rent a stable. It
wasn't long after that my father sold the horse. The flies were pretty bad
but I was the luckiest kid on the block for awhile.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

Think about it. You used hillbillies and rules in the same sentence.
Have you ever know those two concepts to not be mutually exclusive? What
is the HOA gonna do, dictate what color the car up on blocks in the
front yard has to be, or how many dogs can be sleeping on the porch at once?

Well they could always say that the car on blocks has to be American
make and no more than one-dog on the porch can be a foo-foo non-hunting
dog.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 09 May 2010 20:26:14 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

Think about it. You used hillbillies and rules in the same sentence.
Have you ever know those two concepts to not be mutually exclusive? What
is the HOA gonna do, dictate what color the car up on blocks in the
front yard has to be, or how many dogs can be sleeping on the porch at once?

Well they could always say that the car on blocks has to be American
make and no more than one-dog on the porch can be a foo-foo non-hunting
dog.

All, called Yard Ornaments. This would include boat hulls, tires, and
a few honey look what I found items.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
mm wrote:

New rules would require 100% support.

Oops. You just shot your fantasy in its idealistic foot. (That'd be the
one not wearing the steel-toed boot.)

Signal conflict? mm Electronics Repair 9 May 17th 10 08:50 PM
OT- IPCC chief conflict of interest azotic Metalworking 16 January 25th 10 07:29 AM
world in conflict patch [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 29th 08 10:35 AM
Gas Hot Water Heater and Attic Fan conflict - MUST READ [email protected] Home Repair 14 July 6th 07 02:55 AM
Conflict Survey for Men tmm Electronics Repair 0 August 8th 06 06:33 PM