Animal repellent- squirrel and cat

Old April 26th 10, 03:52 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Animal repellent- squirrel and cat

Hello there,

My mother has some flowers in pots and the squirrels love to dig in
them. We've put cayenne pepper on the soil but that doesn't seem to work.
Lowe's Hardware carries a product called "Deer Off" Ready to Spray Deer
Off Deer, Rabbit & Squirrel Repellent.
I was wondering if that would work. I tried a water scarecrow(motion
detection) but that got everything wet that came into the area including
people.

Thanks,
Elliot
Old April 26th 10, 04:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Elliot" wrote in message
Hello there,

My mother has some flowers in pots and the squirrels love to dig in them.
We've put cayenne pepper on the soil but that doesn't seem to work.
Lowe's Hardware carries a product called "Deer Off" Ready to Spray Deer
Off Deer, Rabbit & Squirrel Repellent.
I was wondering if that would work. I tried a water scarecrow(motion
detection) but that got everything wet that came into the area including
people.

Thanks,
Elliot

There is a motion sensing water sprayer that works pretty good.

Steve

http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Old April 26th 10, 03:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/25/2010 9:24 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
Hello there,

My mother has some flowers in pots and the squirrels love to dig in them.
We've put cayenne pepper on the soil but that doesn't seem to work.
Lowe's Hardware carries a product called "Deer Off" Ready to Spray Deer
Off Deer, Rabbit& Squirrel Repellent.
I was wondering if that would work. I tried a water scarecrow(motion
detection) but that got everything wet that came into the area including
people.

Thanks,
Elliot

There is a motion sensing water sprayer that works pretty good.

Steve

http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Thanks for the advice but the "Water Scarecrow" I tried would spray the
area with water if the area was intruded...got everything wet including
people
Elliot
Old April 26th 10, 04:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 25, 9:52*pm, Elliot wrote:
Hello there,

My mother has some flowers in pots and the squirrels love to dig in
them. *We've put cayenne pepper on the soil but that doesn't seem to work.
Lowe's Hardware carries a product called "Deer Off" Ready to Spray Deer
Off *Deer, Rabbit & Squirrel Repellent.
I was wondering if that would work. *I tried a water scarecrow(motion
detection) but that got everything wet that came into the area including
people.

Thanks,
Elliot

The deer off might work. Probably won't work on the cat. I think
most of those things try to simulate the scent of a kill. Some are
made with dried blood or eggs. Prey animals will stay away from a
kill.
Old April 26th 10, 05:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Elliot" wrote in message
Hello there,

My mother has some flowers in pots and the squirrels love to dig in them.
We've put cayenne pepper on the soil but that doesn't seem to work.
Lowe's Hardware carries a product called "Deer Off" Ready to Spray Deer
Off Deer, Rabbit & Squirrel Repellent.
I was wondering if that would work. I tried a water scarecrow(motion
detection) but that got everything wet that came into the area including
people.

Thanks,
Elliot

Maybe an ultrasonic? I have a battery operated one, and it sure gets the
dog's attention. I carry it when doing real estate work, and it works great
on some dogs, and others either can't hear it or doesn't have any effect.
I'm sure they make them motion sensitive.

Steve

http://cabgbypasssurgery.com book coming soon

Old April 26th 10, 05:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 26, 8:31*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Elliot" wrote in message

[...]

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult..

You might try moth balls. I put them in newly seeded areas where my
(or the neighbor's)
cat loves to dig. Keeps them off. Also hung moth balls over the cat
door to keep the
possums and 'coons out. Don't put too close to plants.

Old April 26th 10, 08:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Higgs Boson" wrote

You might try moth balls. I put them in newly seeded areas where my
(or the neighbor's)
cat loves to dig. Keeps them off. Also hung moth balls over the cat
door to keep the
possums and 'coons out. Don't put too close to plants.

Don't start with mothballs. We got chipmunks in our walls at our cabin. I
went up and put sheet metal over the holes in the mid afternoon,
guaranteeing that they would be out to lunch. SWMBO insisted on a hefty
dose of mothballs. Sorry, I meant to say HEFTY. That has been three years.

We are going there (or attempting it) tomorrow, I bet the first thing I
smell on entry is mothballs. Just how long does it take for them to go
away? It would be a serious job to remove the siding and access all those
mothballs.

Steve

http://cabgbypasssurgery.com watch for the book

Old April 26th 10, 08:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote

I use rocks

reply: I'm too slow. By the time I get out there, they're up in the tree
laughing at me and dropping "stuff".

So, then we escalate and bring out the artillery. We have a huge problem
here with the huge rock squirrels. They will strip a complete apricot tree
in a couple of hours, only taking the seeds, and leaving the meat on the
ground. Almonds the same. AND, they are smart, waiting until just the peak
of ripeness.

Am making some 55 gal. water traps with a trap door which should be fairly
effective. They are very spooky, and zip off at first glance of a human.

Old April 26th 10, 09:17 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 26, 1:50*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"ransley" wrote

I use rocks

reply: *I'm too slow. *By the time I get out there, they're up in the tree
laughing at me and dropping "stuff".

So, then we escalate and bring out the artillery. *We have a huge problem
here with the huge rock squirrels. *They will strip a complete apricot tree
in a couple of hours, only taking the seeds, and leaving the meat on the
ground. *Almonds the same. *AND, they are smart, waiting until just the peak
of ripeness.

Am making some 55 gal. water traps with a trap door which should be fairly
effective. *They are very spooky, and zip off at first glance of a human.

Anything to get rid of spiders? Spider repellent? [email protected] UK diy 23 June 5th 07 06:29 PM
Water repellent kev007 UK diy 12 January 5th 07 12:10 PM
A Cat Repellent That Works!!! simbajim UK diy 6 June 11th 06 11:26 PM
best ultrasonic bird repellent GGF3 Home Repair 7 May 9th 05 05:06 PM