Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pests making holes near door

Hello,

Yesterday, we saw a swarm of what looked like winged flies/bugs of
some sort. I'm not sure what they are, but they were piled up in a
swarm. A few hours later, there were small holes near the edge of the
door in the wooden part.

Is there something that we should spray to get rid of these bugs/pests
from damaging property? How do we keep them out?

Please no flames. thank you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 5, 1:05*pm, lora wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday, we saw a swarm of what looked like winged flies/bugs of
some sort. I'm not sure what they are, but they were piled up in a
swarm. A few hours later, there were small holes near the edge of the
door in the wooden part.

Is there something that we should spray to get rid of these bugs/pests
from damaging property? How do we keep them out?

You've got termites. Call the Orkin man.
Posted to alt.home.repair

lora wrote the following:
Hello,

Yesterday, we saw a swarm of what looked like winged flies/bugs of
some sort. I'm not sure what they are, but they were piled up in a
swarm. A few hours later, there were small holes near the edge of the
door in the wooden part.

Is there something that we should spray to get rid of these bugs/pests
from damaging property? How do we keep them out?

Please no flames. thank you!

Why not:? Flames would kill them. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 5, 12:05*pm, lora wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday, we saw a swarm of what looked like winged flies/bugs of
some sort. I'm not sure what they are, but they were piled up in a
swarm. A few hours later, there were small holes near the edge of the
door in the wooden part.

Is there something that we should spray to get rid of these bugs/pests
from damaging property? How do we keep them out?

Please no flames. thank you!

Maybe termites,, get a pro opinion
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:05:06 -0700 (PDT), lora
wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday, we saw a swarm of what looked like winged flies/bugs of
some sort. I'm not sure what they are, but they were piled up in a
swarm. A few hours later, there were small holes near the edge of the
door in the wooden part.

Is there something that we should spray to get rid of these bugs/pests
from damaging property? How do we keep them out?

Please no flames. thank you!

Termites are swarming. You need an inspection, possible treatment.
Termites can do a lot of serious damage before detected. Call a pro.

Trunking and making holes mo UK diy 9 July 4th 08 07:48 PM
Making holes in walls Keith Dunbar UK diy 8 January 22nd 08 05:56 PM
Making holes in wood Arch Woodturning 4 August 20th 04 02:06 AM
Making 4-11/16" Holes in Al Panel Rileyesi Metalworking 10 December 16th 03 07:43 PM
Making 4-11/16 Holes in Al Panel Rileyesi Metalworking 1 December 15th 03 10:44 PM