Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Venting for electric range

I have a Jenn-Air electric range with a grill option. Because of this, it
has the downdraft vent in the middle on the cooktop. I want to move this
stove to my basement and just use it's oven, when needed. My question is,
knowing that it is a downdraft model, I believe it can only be vented
horizontally or down. In the basement, that would be impossible. Sooooooo,
can I run the oven of an electric stove without venting the stove? My
concern is that the oven still vents while baking so a vent would be
required, but I don't know...

Thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edee em" wrote in message
I have a Jenn-Air electric range with a grill option. Because of this, it
has the downdraft vent in the middle on the cooktop. I want to move this
stove to my basement and just use it's oven, when needed. My question is,
knowing that it is a downdraft model, I believe it can only be vented
horizontally or down. In the basement, that would be impossible.
Sooooooo, can I run the oven of an electric stove without venting the
stove? My concern is that the oven still vents while baking so a vent
would be required, but I don't know...

Thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in...

No personal experience or knowledge of the jennaire models but I don't think
the oven is connected to the venting system.

Even if it does hot air is all you are going to be venting.

Don't you have to turn the vent on separate from the burners anyway?

I suspect there is a way to use both the burners (non-grill units) and the
oven without a vent. My electric stove has no venting system.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 24, 4:20*pm, "Edee em" wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air electric range with a grill option. *Because of this, it
has the downdraft vent in the middle on the cooktop. *I want to move this
stove to my basement and just use it's oven, when needed. *My question is,
knowing that it is a downdraft model, I believe it can only be vented
horizontally or down. *In the basement, that would be impossible. *Sooooooo,
can I run the oven of an electric stove without venting the stove? *My
concern is that the oven still vents while baking so a vent would be
required, but I don't know...

Thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in...

Venting is optional, to remove smoke from high heat cooking or to not
heat up a home in summer. No stove must be vented , plus its extra
free heat in winter. It can be vented up with ductwork in the wall.
Gee its not even gas, why are you worried.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 25, 7:08*am, ransley wrote:
On Jan 24, 4:20*pm, "Edee em" wrote:

[...]

Agree. The downdraft vent is just there to suck up smoke from the
range and has nothing to do with the oven. I have a Jenn-Air range
with a similar downdraft and the oven is a seperate unit 6 feet away
with no venting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, not worrying, just wondering. I thought it might be one of those
"performance of the oven" things. Thanks to all and your replies.

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jan 24, 4:20 pm, "Edee em" wrote:
[...]

Disable venting for 'over the range' microwave amateur_handman Home Repair 6 June 15th 09 04:32 PM
Venting and the cost of Gas vs Electric Water Heaters dgk Home Repair 5 October 25th 07 06:09 AM
Range hood vent options/ self venting or vent through roof ? Mikepier Home Repair 3 September 3rd 07 06:48 AM
Electric range TH Home Repair 9 February 12th 07 09:39 PM
Electric ceramic range joemd7 Home Repair 1 December 12th 06 01:23 AM