Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Coupons

I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store today. There are lots
of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I should be aware of
before I head that way?
Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store today. There are lots
of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I should be aware of
before I head that way?

Do a google search on this group for harbor freight coupon. There will
be links people post to web sites to print them off. You can only get to
some of them from the main web site- there are hidden sub-pages linked
to ads that were run in various publications. If you get the weekly ad
throwaway for your area, sometimes there are HF coupons buried in there.
There has been a 20% coupon (and the free flashlight coupon) running for
the last couple of months. I just bought a cheap compressor for 40 bucks
with a coupon- exact same compressor Sears wanted 80 bucks for (although
the Sears one did come with a junk air hose and toy nailgun.)

Heres a link to one with a week left:
http://www.harborfreight.com/hftusa/...mos/popsci.pdf

I had another one that ran till 14 Feb, but I must have deleted it
accidentally.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote in
:

I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store today. There
are lots of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I
should be aware of before I head that way?

This coupon is worth 20% off. Not frequently available to us general
chickens. Thanks to Salty for the original reference. Grab the free
flashlight coupon as well.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...le=boatus.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store today. There are lots
of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I should be aware of
before I head that way?

I found an ad in the Sunday paper last week.
Had a free flashlight coupon. Great little toy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:06:17 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store today. There are lots
of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I should be aware of
before I head that way?

There are almost always coupons for Harbor Freight. Check the website
before you go. They also often have a supply of the weekly flyer with
specials and coupons in the entry to the store. It's wise to grab one
of those and go back to your car and read it before proceeding. Once
you buy something and get on the mailing list, you will get these
flyers weekly in the mail.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
[...]

On this set of coupons, you can't go wrong with:
a) The multifunction tool
b) The $19.95 drill (pick up an extra battery*)
c) And, of course, the flashlight.

If you're taking a companion, make sure she gets a flashlight too.

----
* On the batteries, make sure the spare you get if for the drill in
question. There are a couple of batteries that look alike but are not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
mcp6453 wrote in
:

I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store today. There
are lots of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I
should be aware of before I head that way?

This coupon is worth 20% off. Not frequently available to us general
chickens. Thanks to Salty for the original reference. Grab the free
flashlight coupon as well.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...le=boatus.html

I love those flashlights. I have about seven of them, so far. Not worth
what the 'official' price is, more like two bucks, but for free, I will
open them up and retension the springs, etc. I wonder how long HF will
keep that loss-leader promo running. I may stop collecting them once I
have one for every tool box, every car, and every coat I wear.

I do try to not be a prick about it- I always buy SOMETHING else while
I'm in there. But where I used to keep a list and go once every 4-6
weeks, now I stop by there weekly, since it is only about a block off my
usual Saturday errand route.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:06:43 -0500, aemeijers

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:06:17 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store today. There are lots
of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I should be aware of
before I head that way?

There are almost always coupons for Harbor Freight. Check the website
before you go. They also often have a supply of the weekly flyer with
specials and coupons in the entry to the store. It's wise to grab one
of those and go back to your car and read it before proceeding. Once
you buy something and get on the mailing list, you will get these
flyers weekly in the mail.

That is what they claim, but so far I haven't seen any. I have stuffed a
card in the box 2-3 times already, several months ago.

That's odd. Maybe they are sending yours to me. I get flooded with
them. It's a waste on thoer part, because I am not going to go there
because of anything in the flyer. When I need something, I check a few
options online. Since they have a store about 10 miles from here, they
always win if I need something NOW.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...le=boatus.html

Coupons not usually seen else where.

Including 20% off any item, and one for a free flash light.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mcp6453" wrote in message
I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store
today. There are lots
of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I
should be aware of
before I head that way?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I got that compressor at 50 (sounding like a stock broker).
Only used it a couple times. Oilless. Noisy. Works
reasonably well. I did some air wrench work with it, when it
was a bit warmer, out. Also used it to blow out some AC
drain lines. I'm pleased with it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

to ads that were run in various publications. If you get the
weekly ad
throwaway for your area, sometimes there are HF coupons
buried in there.
There has been a 20% coupon (and the free flashlight coupon)
running for
the last couple of months. I just bought a cheap compressor
for 40 bucks
with a coupon- exact same compressor Sears wanted 80 bucks
for (although
the Sears one did come with a junk air hose and toy
nailgun.)

Heres a link to one with a week left:
http://www.harborfreight.com/hftusa/...mos/popsci.pdf

I had another one that ran till 14 Feb, but I must have
deleted it
accidentally.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I also try to buy something else, while picking up the free
light. It seems to be the polite thing to do. The one I got
a couple days ago, was black. They had been doing the red
and blue ones for a while.

I've learned to put the battery pack in backwards. The
switch is easy to bump and turn on, and then it's dead or
corroded (or both) when you need it.

Pitch the provided batteries in the trash if you don't use
them in a few days. They are awful. I used the provided
batteries in my outdoor thermometer. Buy a real brand of AAA
alkaline cell.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got that compressor at 50 (sounding like a stock broker).
Only used it a couple times. Oilless. Noisy. Works
reasonably well. I did some air wrench work with it, when it
was a bit warmer, out. Also used it to blow out some AC
drain lines. I'm pleased with it.

We talking about the same compressor? 3 gallon pancake, 100 psi, no CFM
numbers visible? I got it mainly for inflating tires and such, since the
buzz-box compressors at the stations around here charge 75 cents, and
have trouble making 30 pounds. I may get a finish nailer for it, if I
ever get around to those interior fixup projects, but I don't think it
would handle a framing nailer or an air wrench. I went with HF versus
Sears, because the hose and toy nail gun on the Sears one looked like
junk, and I had the coupon. HF had a good price on real Goodyear air
hoses, plus I used a 20% coupon on that. Total cost was between $55 and
$60. So even if I have to upgrade the compressor to a larger one, I
already have a decent air hose, and I can put the junk kit from the new
one with this one, and sell it on CraigsList.

The one I got is same as the Sears 'evolv' or some silly name like that.
The HF one is done up in Sears Craftsman colors, black and red, while
the current Sears one is NOT labeled Craftsman, and has different
colors. I suspect HF got a deal, because the factory in China had a
butt-load of assembled Sears-red ones, just without the stickers on them.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message

We talking about the same compressor? 3 gallon pancake, 100
psi, no CFM
numbers visible?

CY: I'm th inking mine was 1.6 scfm?

I got it mainly for inflating tires and such, since the
buzz-box compressors at the stations around here charge 75
cents, and
have trouble making 30 pounds.

CY: Pay for itself in a hurry, at 75 cents an inflate.

I may get a finish nailer for it, if I
ever get around to those interior fixup projects, but I
don't think it
would handle a framing nailer or an air wrench.

CY: I've got a 5 gal expansion tank, and plans to plumb that
in. It's still 1.6 scfm, but at least I'll have four seconds
of impact gun instead of two seconds. Before the compressor
comes back on.

I went with HF versus
Sears, because the hose and toy nail gun on the Sears one
looked like
junk, and I had the coupon. HF had a good price on real
Goodyear air
hoses, plus I used a 20% coupon on that. Total cost was
between $55 and
$60. So even if I have to upgrade the compressor to a larger
one, I
already have a decent air hose, and I can put the junk kit
from the new
one with this one, and sell it on CraigsList.

CY: Good plan for the future.

The one I got is same as the Sears 'evolv' or some silly
name like that.
The HF one is done up in Sears Craftsman colors, black and
red, while
the current Sears one is NOT labeled Craftsman, and has
different
colors. I suspect HF got a deal, because the factory in
China had a
butt-load of assembled Sears-red ones, just without the
stickers on them.

CY: I sense that some mega state run factory in China is
supplying all the various stores in the US.

--
aem sends...
CY replies.....