Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gluing Linoleum

The edge of my linoleum floor covering is curling up next to the bath tub. The
adhesive has failed. What type of adhesive can or should I use to glue it back
down? Staples are not an option.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote in
:

The edge of my linoleum floor covering is curling up next to the bath
tub. The adhesive has failed. What type of adhesive can or should I
use to glue it back down? Staples are not an option.

Not sure how much edge you're talking about. PL Construction
adhesive/Liquid Nails will hold it. Get it under as far as you can. Masking
tape around and be prepared to clean up any that oozes out with the
recommended solvent. Once it dries it's "mechanical method" to remove any
unwanted adhesive. Put some weight on the area until it dries. Piece of
waxed paper between the weight and lino will keep the weight from adhering
to the floor but you shouldn't have exposed adhesive anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote in
:

mcp6453 wrote in
:

The edge of my linoleum floor covering is curling up next to the bath
tub. The adhesive has failed. What type of adhesive can or should I
use to glue it back down? Staples are not an option.

Not sure how much edge you're talking about. PL Construction
adhesive/Liquid Nails will hold it. Get it under as far as you can.
Masking tape around and be prepared to clean up any that oozes out
with the recommended solvent. Once it dries it's "mechanical method"
to remove any unwanted adhesive. Put some weight on the area until it
dries. Piece of waxed paper between the weight and lino will keep the
weight from adhering to the floor but you shouldn't have exposed
adhesive anyway.

p.s. Be sure to clean out all the dirt and glue you can.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Red Green wrote in
:

mcp6453 wrote in
:

The edge of my linoleum floor covering is curling up next to the bath
tub. The adhesive has failed. What type of adhesive can or should I
use to glue it back down? Staples are not an option.

Not sure how much edge you're talking about. PL Construction
adhesive/Liquid Nails will hold it. Get it under as far as you can.
Masking tape around and be prepared to clean up any that oozes out
with the recommended solvent. Once it dries it's "mechanical method"
to remove any unwanted adhesive. Put some weight on the area until it
dries. Piece of waxed paper between the weight and lino will keep the
weight from adhering to the floor but you shouldn't have exposed
adhesive anyway.

p.s. Be sure to clean out all the dirt and glue you can.

Before you start driving yourself crazy attempting to reglue, do the
icepick test in the exposed crack, and from below if you have access.
Make sure subfloor isn't mushy already, a common side effect of that
joint failing. If subfloor is mushy, may as well bite the bullet and
repair it all properly.

--
aem sends...

Linoleum Dick Adams[_2_] Home Repair 3 March 20th 08 11:51 PM
wanted, linoleum [email protected] Home Repair 5 January 5th 07 11:28 PM
linoleum repair ccs>ikyr Home Repair 8 May 4th 06 02:04 AM
What to use as an underlay for linoleum Code Developer UK diy 1 June 6th 05 08:31 PM
I don't like my linoleum formerly known as 'cat arranger' Home Repair 6 February 17th 05 05:40 AM