How to repair darkened granite in the kitchen

Old January 1st 10, 04:22 AM posted to alt.home.repair
ivk

Default How to repair darkened granite in the kitchen

3 years ago I installed granite countertops in our kitchen. The
granite was bright yellow ("Madura gold"). Since then, the granite
became visibly darker in the areas with a lot of water (eg around the
faucet). Now we are thinking of selling the house, and would like to
return the granite to something closer to its original color. Is it
possible at all ?
Old January 1st 10, 12:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31 2009, 10:22*pm, ivk wrote:
3 years ago I installed granite countertops in our kitchen. The
granite was bright yellow ("Madura gold"). Since then, the granite
became visibly darker in the areas with a lot of water (eg around the
faucet). Now we are thinking of selling the house, and would like to
return the granite to something closer to its original color. Is it
possible at all ?

My only guess is laundry bleach
Old January 1st 10, 12:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair

ivk wrote:
3 years ago I installed granite countertops in our kitchen. The
granite was bright yellow ("Madura gold"). Since then, the granite
became visibly darker in the areas with a lot of water (eg around the
faucet). Now we are thinking of selling the house, and would like to
return the granite to something closer to its original color. Is it
possible at all ?

Stone gets darker when it is damp. Is it? Maybe try a hair dryer...

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Old January 1st 10, 04:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Joe

On Dec 31 2009, 10:22*pm, ivk wrote:
3 years ago I installed granite countertops in our kitchen. The
granite was bright yellow ("Madura gold"). Since then, the granite
became visibly darker in the areas with a lot of water (eg around the
faucet). Now we are thinking of selling the house, and would like to
return the granite to something closer to its original color. Is it
possible at all ?

One more good reason to choose a laminate. Of course, that won't work
for the fashionistas.

Joe
Old January 1st 10, 04:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 1, 10:48*am, Joe wrote:
On Dec 31 2009, 10:22*pm, ivk wrote:

3 years ago I installed granite countertops in our kitchen. The
granite was bright yellow ("Madura gold"). Since then, the granite
became visibly darker in the areas with a lot of water (eg around the
faucet). Now we are thinking of selling the house, and would like to
return the granite to something closer to its original color. Is it
possible at all ?

One more good reason to choose a laminate. Of course, that won't work
for the fashionistas.

Joe

Generic chlorox is your best bet.