Under Cabinet Fluorescent Light diffuser (cover)

Old December 29th 09, 02:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under Cabinet Fluorescent Light diffuser (cover)

After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. I called Home Depot but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

_________________________
Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com
Old December 29th 09, 02:57 PM posted to alt.home.repair

bobhaztin wrote:
After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. I called Home Depot but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Is it flat? if so, you can get 2'x4' diffuser panels in several
patterns at your favorite electrical supply or home repair emporium (for
lay in for ceiling grid or replacements for troffers.) Score and snap
with a utility knife to cut to fit, similar to cutting glass.

good luck

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old December 29th 09, 03:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 29, 9:57*am, Nate Nagel wrote:
bobhaztin wrote:
After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. *I called Home Depot but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. *Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? *Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Is it flat? *if so, you can get 2'x4' diffuser panels in several
patterns at your favorite electrical supply or home repair emporium (for
lay in for ceiling grid or replacements for troffers.) *Score and snap
with a utility knife to cut to fit, similar to cutting glass.

good luck

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

The above. Plus, even if they sold parts, the part would likely cost
almost as much as that kind of new flourscent fixture, which doesn't
cost all that much. Assuming the whole fixture is available and the
cover is the one you need, I'd just be happy that I could buy the
whole thing and use the cover.
Old December 29th 09, 03:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 29, 8:53*am, "bobhaztin"
wrote:
After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. *I called Home Depot but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. *Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? *Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

_________________________
Message *sent throughhttp://www.BetterHomePortal.com

I take mine off, they all go yellow anyway, or try glue
Old December 29th 09, 04:17 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"bobhaztin" wrote in message
After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. I called Home Depot
but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

This is a perfect time to plan a trip to China.

Old December 29th 09, 05:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"bobhaztin" wrote:

Do I have to buy a whole new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)?

Almost certainly. Especially if you want the cover to match other similar
fixtures.
Old December 29th 09, 06:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

bobhaztin wrote:
After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. I called Home Depot but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

_________________________
Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com

Flat 2x4 sheets are available at HD or Lowes in quite a few styles.
Old December 30th 09, 01:17 AM posted to alt.home.repair

bobhaztin wrote the following:
After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. I called Home Depot but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Glue. Plastic or AC.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old December 30th 09, 01:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote the following:
bobhaztin wrote:
After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the
diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. I called Home
Depot but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but
could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

_________________________
Message sent through
http://www.BetterHomePortal.com
Flat 2x4 sheets are available at HD or Lowes in quite a few styles.

Under cabinet fluorescent lights are not flat, they are usually one tube
and with a formed plastic diffuser .

Old December 30th 09, 01:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair

The Better Home site is not a help forum, it's an
*advertising* forum that invades real forums
(like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet")
parasitically in order to generate free
advertising for itself, which continually
advances its search engine placement, thereby
increasing its own revenue through its click-
through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them
an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper
channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet"
and post the regular way.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus