Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bath vanity drain pipe - glued or screwed?

I'm trying to remove my vanity cabinet but the center pipe (drain)
won't budge by hand. Is this glued? It has grips on it like it would
be screwed on. I can't get the vanity cabinet out with this on unless
I cut out the back of the cabinet. I thought I'd ask before trying
(gently) with a pipe wrench.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 26, 11:59*am, Tomas wrote:
I'm trying to remove my vanity cabinet but the center pipe (drain)
won't budge by hand. Is this glued? It has grips on it like it would
be screwed on. I can't get the vanity cabinet out with this on unless
I cut out the back of the cabinet. I thought I'd ask before trying
(gently) with a pipe wrench.

Cut it off with a hack saw and get a new one if you want to reuse the
setup. The things are rather modest $$ at your box store. Ought to
unscrew with a suitable wrench though.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tomas" wrote in message
I'm trying to remove my vanity cabinet but the center pipe (drain)
won't budge by hand. Is this glued? It has grips on it like it would
be screwed on. I can't get the vanity cabinet out with this on unless
I cut out the back of the cabinet. I thought I'd ask before trying
(gently) with a pipe wrench.

It is probably screwed on...Use your pump plyers or pipe wrench to loosen it
if it won't start by hand......Counterclockwise IIRC....If it is glued I
would just cut it off with a hack saw or sawzall...Pretty easy and cheap
fix....