Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to clean outside of white aluminum gutters

replying to Ray K, Dusty wrote:
No chemicals needed. Wet a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and wipe it off.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...rs-406844-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Ray K, amsstrand wrote:
I had great luck with Goo Gone, BUT be careful not to remove the paint and to
wash it off with soap and water and rinse well. Pretty sure one shouldn't use
Goo Gone on gutters but man it works fast. I used the spray, about $4 at
Walmart for a 12 oz. bottle. I did notice the cloth I used had some paint
oxidation on it. Gutters are about 15 years old and a mess, except for the
one I test cleaned. Now to get more Goo Gone! Hope this helps.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...rs-406844-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

amsstrand m writes:

replying to Ray K, amsstrand wrote:
I had great luck with Goo Gone, BUT be careful not to remove the paint
and to wash it off with soap and water and rinse well. Pretty sure
one shouldn't use Goo Gone on gutters but man it works fast. I used
the spray, about $4 at Walmart for a 12 oz. bottle. I did notice the
cloth I used had some paint oxidation on it. Gutters are about 15
years old and a mess, except for the one I test cleaned. Now to get
more Goo Gone! Hope this helps.

I just did mine with Mr Clean, worked well.

In the past I've used a power washer with just water. Also works.

Honestly, I've never owned or used Goo Gone. Their web site says it's
okay on paint, but it stains non-finished aluminum.

--
Dan Espen