Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AMERICAN STANDARD Energy Star Certification?

I am wondering if anyone in this group has had any experience with my
situation or has any info on this problem.:

I just bought and had installed an American Standard Triumph 16
(16SEER) combo furnace-a/c. I was told that it will qualify for the
2009 federal tax credit, and I think (and hope) it probably will.

Anyway, I have researched this subject and find that I will need
something called the 'manufacturer's energy certification' to justify
taking said credit. I have been totally unable to come up with this.

I have done the following:
1) left a call-back request with the company that installed the thing
- no reply.
2) left a call-back request with American Standard's 800 number - no
reply.
3) sent an e-mail to American Standard requesting info as well as the
certificate - no reply.
4) called the IRS - was told haughtily that it wasn't tax time yet.

Thanks

Duke

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AMERICAN STANDARD Energy Star Certification? NEVER MIND

Thanks anyway

Duke
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 7:16*am, wrote:
[...]

I just looked at one online at it said the furnace is 80%, that wont
qualify for a credit. I think you need about 93% for a furnace to
qualify. 80% efficent is not very good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in
:

I am wondering if anyone in this group has had any experience with my
situation or has any info on this problem.:

I just bought and had installed an American Standard Triumph 16
(16SEER) combo furnace-a/c. I was told that it will qualify for the
2009 federal tax credit, and I think (and hope) it probably will.

The 16 SEER is for the AC side. From the link below, I think you need to
know the EER on the heat side. Sounds like you may have a package
system. They say "Note: not all ENERGY STAR products will qualify for
the tax credit.".

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...ts.tx_index#c3

Maybe another useful link you missed in your research.
http://energystar.custhelp.com/cgi-b...ted=1167415079

Anyway, I have researched this subject and find that I will need
something called the 'manufacturer's energy certification' to justify
taking said credit. I have been totally unable to come up with this.

I have done the following:
1) left a call-back request with the company that installed the thing
- no reply.

Isn't it a local place you can go and corner a real heartbeat?

2) left a call-back request with American Standard's 800 number - no
reply.
3) sent an e-mail to American Standard requesting info as well as the
certificate - no reply.
4) called the IRS - was told haughtily that it wasn't tax time yet.

Thanks

Duke

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:44:07 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

I just looked at one online at it said the furnace is 80%, that wont
qualify for a credit. I think you need about 93% for a furnace to
qualify. 80% efficent is not very good.

http://www.americanstandardair.com/HomeOwner/latestupdates/GenTaxCreditPDF.aspx?LType=ARRA&Prod1=4DCZ6048A1%2 0&Prod2=&Prod3=&Prod4=$0.00

says my unit qualifies if I read things right.

Thanks for your interests.

Duke

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.americanstandardair.com/H...tes/GenTaxCred...

says my unit qualifies if I read things right.

Thanks for your interests.

Duke

You didnt include the list that would show if your model qualifies.
What I googled showed your units furnace is only 80% efficent, that
wont qualify. But a 16 seer AC im sure does. Is that what you have an
80% furnace or is what I read wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 7:16*am, wrote:
[...]

I just looked at AS site and all the dual outside units cant qualify
by logic, a Condensing Furnace drains water and these units look like
they are meant to be located outside. If your salesman said it
qualified, get it recorded on tape, because I think he lied to you.