Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Grout lines

I'm installing ceramic floor tiles that look like wood planks do I need
to grout between the tiles and if yes what size?

GK
Posted to alt.home.repair

GrailKing wrote:
I'm installing ceramic floor tiles that look like wood planks do I
need to grout between the tiles

Only if you want the tiles to be nice and secure and avoid the space - there
is ALWAYS space - between them filling up with crud.

and if yes what size?

What size would you like? Unless you want the tile to look like a bad wood
floor job I'd suggest making them as narrow as possible; assuming that to be
1/8 or less, you'd want to use unsanded grout.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 17 Oct 2009 19:22:58 GMT, GrailKing wrote:

I'm installing ceramic floor tiles that look like wood planks do I need
to grout between the tiles and if yes what size?

GK

Because you have the material (tile) already, lay out some pieces on
the floor, change your mind ten times and then decide.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:h6nkd51p3e7fsahffklsbvq49aq6u7s4dp@
4ax.com:

On 17 Oct 2009 19:22:58 GMT, GrailKing wrote:

I'm installing ceramic floor tiles that look like wood planks do I need
to grout between the tiles and if yes what size?

GK

Because you have the material (tile) already, lay out some pieces on
the floor, change your mind ten times and then decide.

Did you learn that from me or did I learn it from you?

- or -

Where did we learn that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 21:15:17 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

Oren wrote in news:h6nkd51p3e7fsahffklsbvq49aq6u7s4dp@
4ax.com:

On 17 Oct 2009 19:22:58 GMT, GrailKing wrote:

I'm installing ceramic floor tiles that look like wood planks do I need
to grout between the tiles and if yes what size?

GK

Because you have the material (tile) already, lay out some pieces on
the floor, change your mind ten times and then decide.

Did you learn that from me or did I learn it from you?

- or -

Where did we learn that?

I really don't know. Maybe we went to different schools together.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 16:03:37 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

GrailKing wrote:
I'm installing ceramic floor tiles that look like wood planks do I need
to grout between the tiles

Only if you want the tiles to be nice and secure and avoid the space -
there is ALWAYS space - between them filling up with crud.

and if yes what size?

What size would you like? Unless you want the tile to look like a bad
wood floor job I'd suggest making them as narrow as possible; assuming
that to be 1/8 or less, you'd want to use unsanded grout.

Just needed confirmation I bought 1/16th spacers so thanks for the quick
reply.