Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Collapsed Dryer Vent

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 3:37*pm, PFloyd wrote:
I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?

I'd start at the back of the dryer and find out where the other end of
the ductwork (flexible or rigid) is currently going.

Maybe you could provide a little more detail about how the ductwork is
laid out inside the house. Are you not able to see the vent from the
inside?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"PFloyd" wrote in message

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?

I'm just thinkin' out loud here, sort of off the top of my head--- I wonder
if it might be a good idea to reconnect it where it pulled off or apart, ya'
know...

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:37:03 -0700 (PDT), PFloyd
wrote:

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?

From the inside. What do you see when you look at it from the inside
of the house?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?

From the inside. �What do you see when you look at it from the inside
of the house?

check entire line for clogs, sometimes the line clogs and pressure
blows it apart

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?

From the inside. �What do you see when you look at it from the inside
of the house?

check entire line for clogs, sometimes the line clogs and pressure
blows it apart

I don't like most dryer vent hose, when I redid the dryer vent in my
basement i got two 4" 90's and a length of metal flex duct. Connected
it all together with screws and metal duct tape, only non-fastened
connection is at base of dryer (to take apart for annual cleaning.)
much less restriction and lint buildup that way.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
wrote:

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?
From the inside. �What do you see when you look at it from the inside
of the house?

check entire line for clogs, sometimes the line clogs and pressure
blows it apart

I don't like most dryer vent hose, when I redid the dryer vent in my
basement i got two 4" 90's and a length of metal flex duct. Connected it
all together with screws and metal duct tape, only non-fastened connection
is at base of dryer (to take apart for annual cleaning.) much less
restriction and lint buildup that way.

nate

Good installation except for the screws. I used screws like I'd used with
my HVAC duct work and when inspected a few months later found the each had
collected a good bit of lint. I pulled them all out and just used good
metal duct tape (not the cheapo cloth based stuff that dries put quickly. A
year and a half later and the vents are still clear as new.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:15:43 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

wrote:

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?
From the inside. ?What do you see when you look at it from the inside
of the house?

check entire line for clogs, sometimes the line clogs and pressure
blows it apart

I don't like most dryer vent hose, when I redid the dryer vent in my
basement i got two 4" 90's and a length of metal flex duct. Connected
it all together with screws and metal duct tape, only non-fastened
connection is at base of dryer (to take apart for annual cleaning.)
much less restriction and lint buildup that way.

nate

Even better than the flex metal is the rigid metal piping. It won't
collapse easily, better at fire safety, and a smooth interior gives a
better flow rate due to less turbulence.

Gas Dryer Vent Steve Home Repair 3 October 31st 06 04:47 PM
Dryer vent Chas12 Home Repair 32 December 22nd 05 03:29 PM
dryer vent doesn't seem right The Dave© Home Repair 2 August 19th 05 03:12 AM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 10:40 PM