Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slippery ceramic bathroom shower tiles

Any suggestions for making them less slippery when wet? I've googled and
come across several products: Johnny Grip, Slip Guard, Slip Tech, Tile
Grip. Anyone have experience with these products or others?

Thanks,

Ray
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 4:00*pm, Ray K wrote:
Any suggestions for making them less slippery when wet? I've googled and
come across several products: Johnny Grip, Slip Guard, Slip Tech, Tile
Grip. Anyone have experience with these products or others?

Thanks,

Ray

Self stick non skid pads are at any hardware store in usualy grey,
black. I got 4" ones for my shower at Ace.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 4:00*pm, Ray K wrote:
Any suggestions for making them less slippery when wet? I've googled and
come across several products: Johnny Grip, Slip Guard, Slip Tech, Tile
Grip. Anyone have experience with these products or others?

Thanks,

Ray

Use www.slipdoctors.com Its cheaper and safer to use. Worked great
for my slippery tiles. Now non-slip and safe! Worked great in the
shower too!

Posted to alt.home.repair

SlipDoctors looks like a great option. This product will fix slippery
floors including slippery tiles, slippery kitchens, slippery
bathrooms, and slippery pool decks. They have the safest and easist
to use product found on the web. Give them a call to discuss more in
detail. 888-436-5404.

http://www.slipdoctors.com

Treatable Surfaces:
Porcelain Bathtubs
Polished Marble
Polished Porcelain
Polished Granite
Ceramic Tile
Quarry Tile
Terrazzo
Travertine

Need to Measure Slip Resistance?
Have a Slippery Bathtub?
Slippery Restaurant Kitchen?
Know the Value of a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slippery Marble Floors?
Using Wet Floor Signs?

All types of businesses can be open to the liability of a slip and
fall accident. Failure to take care of a known problem can lead to
premises liability.

Restaurants and Bars of course have responsibility to make sure that
their employees and customers are safe in the kitchen and the actual
restaurant or bar itself. What happens so often is that greases from
the kitchen get tracked into the main area of the establishment. This
can be resolved with the use of our Hard Surface Floor Degreaser.

Hospitals and nursing facilities have walkways, kitchens, bathrooms
and hallways that can be problems.

Commercial kitchens can make their kitchens much safer for their
staff.

Workplace safety can never be neglected if you want to avoid
litigation. Documenting floor treatment proceedures can be a good way
to defend yourself in a lawsuit.

Hotels and motels can have problems where the number one source of
accidents is the bathrooms.

Lobbies and usually tile or marble and can be very hazardous if it is
raining or snowing.

Any shopping mall or building might have tile walkways or stairways
where it could get slippery if it gets wet. Walkways can be
particularly dangerous for the elderly if they are wet from rain, snow
or the sprinkler system. High rise condo and apartment complexes are
using polished surface floors to make their buildings more beautiful.
Soon they realize the slip and fall problems with these beautiful
floors. Industrial buildings can have slippery concrete which can be
treated. As long as floors are not coated with any paint or other
sealers our treatments will work. Car dealerships usually have large
tile showrooms that become very hazardous if they get wet. Just the
cleaning process can be hazardous.

I just had to send you a short note to tell you how pleased we are
with your treatment program. We were looking for ways to improve the
slip resistance of our floors. We believe that Slip Resistant
Solutions afforded the best results for the investment and gave us the
extra cushion of safety that we were looking for. ....Precision
Motorcars
Failure to take care of a hazardous situation when aware of the
problem can cost a great deal of money.

Other concerns:

Slip Resistant Socks
Slip Resistant Work Shoes
Slip Resistant Ladders
Fix Slippery Stairs
Garage Floors

There are solutions for slip and fall problems at home.
Slip and fall accidents are second only to car accidents in accidental
death. Non slip floors can reduce those numbers.
The home itself offers many types of slip and fall hazards. Probably
the number one concern in the home is the bathroom. Many bathrooms
have ceramic tile floors or even marble, granite, or travertine tile
floors. These floors are beautiful to look at and much easier to keep
clean but they create a slippery situation when they get wet.
Porcelain bathtubs can be treated to make them slip resistant and
there will be no visible difference in the bathtub.

The bathtub can be a hazard where thousands of accidents have
happened.
Kitchens often have tile floors. These floors can easily get wet
during the cooking or the cleanup process. Usually we see ceramic tile
in the kitchen of a home. But some homes are using polished marble and
polished porcelain as well.
The swimming pool deck is always wet and so it can be a source of
accidents.

It would be a good idea to treat the pool deck if there is tile around
the pool or even tile stairs into the pool. Sometimes the tile on the
edge of the pool can lead to a slip and fall hazard.
The porch or the lanai can get wet when it is rainy outside and be
very hazardous. The garage is an area of concern as well.

www.slipdoctors.com