Posted to alt.home.repair

Default @#$% Moen faucet handle...

I have an old Moen faucet in my bathroom... it's one of those single
handle deals. In a fit of domesticity, I removed the handle (clear
plastic) and scrubbed off all the built up lime etc. so it looked nice.
Now the plastic cap that hides the mounting screws won't stay on- it's
retained by an O-ring. I went to the local plumbing place and bought a
new O-ring that looked the same as the old one, and it worked for maybe
2-3 days - I just brushed my teeth and when I pushed the handle to turn
the water off, the cap stuck to the palm of my hand and now it's sitting
on the counter again.

Does anyone know where I could mail-order a replacement handle? this
thing's got to be at least 30 years old because the PO's of my house
weren't the type of people that I'd expect to replace fixtures. Or
should I just buy a new faucet and be done with it? I was kind of
putting that off because I suspect a full bath redo is in the vague future.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 6:51*am, Nate Nagel wrote:
[...]

Mine did the same, i just put some latex caulk on a spot as a glue and
know where I have to pry up next time.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

[...]

Our kitchen single handle spray fixture developed a leak. Moen would
send replacement parts for free, or send a totally new faucet for
($64.20 including 2-day shipping).

Call Moen and ask them what can be done.

(the caulk mentioned by ransley seems a good solution as well!!)
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
[...]

Well, what can I say? I ordered new knobs from Moen and they arrived fairly
quickly. The cap of one of the knobs fit perfectly while the cap of the
other was loose just like yours! Use a bit of caulking to stick the cap on.
--
Ron

Moen single shower handle p-nut[_3_] Home Repair 6 October 27th 08 09:18 PM
Old Moen Shower Handle Leo Home Repair 1 December 15th 06 01:27 PM
Moen kitchen sink faucet handle [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 22nd 05 04:30 PM
Moen single faucet handle (kitchen) jim Home Ownership 1 September 7th 04 03:31 PM