Posted to alt.home.repair

Default killing pigeons

Oren wrote in news:m9bp651ojbb250jb44j8skj84h9t6d0bi0@
4ax.com:

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 22:41:06 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

Michael Dobony wrote in
:

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:03:54 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:32:00 -0400, "Roemax"
wrote:

rice

Debunked.

See:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp

Birds eat rice all the time - at least in rice fields.

Rice in rice fields are not dried. Look at the source. In one study 3
out of 5 people prefer Pepsi. In another, 3 out of 5 people prefer
Coke. In another, 3 out of 5 prefer Dr Pepper. The first was funded
by Pepsi. The second, Coke. The third, Dr Pepper. Carefully study the
source of the "expert" or study. The information presented is of
dubious reliability.

"cm" wrote in message
news:3sOdndKqeddy8ffXnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d@giganew s.com...
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as
automotive anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

Yes but 5 out of 5 in all surveys fart in grocery stores.

Not true in all surveys. Girls don't fart, they "fluff".

And that's not always true. My ex ripped one once in an Ames (K-Mart type
store) and it rattled the bottles on the shelf. Of course, I immediately
disowned her and bolted elsewhere.

This should have been a sign that things would not go well in the future
:-(
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nicole Bischoff" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"Stacey Chuffo" wrote in message
cm wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as
automotive anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm
Give them Alka-Seltzer. They explode.

Yeah. Have lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of dead pigeons
laying around. And then someone calls the law. Then the law calls the
feds. You want to get hooked up with EPA and State Wildlife?

I didn't think so.

Steve

Just tell the EPA and wildlife that Stacey Chuffo spread her legs and all
the pigeons dropped dead.

Probably be a breath of fresh air compared to that pie hole of yours.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message
cm wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

This may not be germane, but when SWMBO and I were in Quebec City about
six years ago we learned that they were aiming at keeping the pigeon
population under control with feeding stations containing food which
didn't kill the pigeons, but made them sterile so they couldn't breed new
generations.

I have no idea if it worked or not.

Jeff

It DOES work, but all the pigeons do not ingest the bait. And then new
pigeons are arriving sans green cards every day. So, it does reduce the
number of pigeons, but doesn't do much about their nasty living habits.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPDATE: killing pigeons - Use Mayonnaise

cm wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.
I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as
automotive anti freeze.

Thanks,

"[GINZA, Japan] At last count, the city has exterminated 105,392 crows, with
an estimated 21,200 still at large. Most were caught in traps baited with
mayonnaise or lard."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=artslot

Posted to alt.home.repair

cm wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

Invite them over to watch Steel Magnolias.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to cm, skpodd wrote:
homefix wrote:

I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.
I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.
Thanks,
cm

Most birds do not eat rice, hungry or not, so ignore the junk you see
below about that. Don't use poison (or anti-freeze) because of the risk to
the environment and other wildlife. If your problem pigeons are in a flock
of about 20 birds, get them to feed in an area of easy access. Then, throw
a net over them. Best way to do that is to 'eject' the net or leverage the
throw because the birds will fly off if you get too close or throw the net
too slowly. There is a device that flings a net over a small area but I
have not seen one around my area. By netting you will definitely get a
few. Next, club them with a stick or 2x4. Collect the bodies in garbage
bag and throw in a dumpster. Or, if the target area is less than 50 yards
from the nearest home then shoot them with a BB gun. My experience is that
if the birds don't hear the 'pop' of the gun, 3 or 4 will lay dead or even
flop a little before the rest get a clue and fly off. The problem with
raptors is that the trainers/falconers are not plentiful or don't live in
your area and are expensive and require multiple visits, and the raptors
don't kill all the pigeons, far from it. Having a owl figurine or two on
your fence post doesn't work. Pigeons get wise to it after a fashion.
Crows ignore it. But, many people use these. It seem pigeons can be both
stupid and dumb - some methods to get rid of them work well and others not
so well or not at all. Try different methods, use your imagination. I once
saw a man reach down and grab a pigeon feeding at his feet. He then stood
up with a windup throw and slammed the pigeon to the ground instantly
killing it. The other pigeons stayed away for days or weeks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 06:44:02 -0700, skpodd
wrote:

...snip...

so well or not at all. Try different methods, use your imagination. I
once

If pigeons, open season, but 'doves' might be protected.

If a few nuisance, on around your house, destroy the perching places. Use
"hot feet" and paint the areas they stand on/perch on. Burns their feet,
they leave. If can't do that, and the birds are on/around your house, THIS
IS ILLEGAL, get a six foot long STRAIGHT piece of metal conduit and smooth
the inside of each end. Take 8 up to 16 penny nails and wrap a paper cone
around the head, tape with scotch tape. then cut the cones to just fit
inside conduit tube. I found it easier to make the cones, then push the
nail into them. Depending on your ability, you'll quickly learn to use the
blow gun. Killing power is awesome. Will penetrate a metal garbage can.

If you miss a shot, no big deal, retrieve the nail stuck in your house,
better than a bullet hole. And makes much less noise early in the morning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:44:02 +0000, skpodd
wrote:

Or, if the target area is less than 50 yards
from the nearest home then shoot them with a BB gun.

- .177 cal pellet "assault rifle"

- remove any nest and eggs from hiding places along the roof line.
Pegeons are like geese - wanting to nest the same place regularly so
destroy the nesting areas.

- pack/place black landscape fabric cloth in hiding places ('pigeon
holes'), prevents entry and shelter from the elements.
Posted to alt.home.repair

RobertMacy wrote in newsp.xkjbxzns2cx0wh@ajm:

If can't do that, and the birds are on/around your house, THIS
IS ILLEGAL, get a six foot long STRAIGHT piece of metal conduit and smooth
the inside of each end. Take 8 up to 16 penny nails and wrap a paper cone
around the head, tape with scotch tape. then cut the cones to just fit
inside conduit tube. I found it easier to make the cones, then push the
nail into them. Depending on your ability, you'll quickly learn to use the
blow gun. Killing power is awesome. Will penetrate a metal garbage can.

On a related note... the seals inside the wheel cylinders on Chrylser 9" drum brakes are a
perfect fit inside 1" PVC electrical conduit. With a 10d nail pushed through the center of a seal,
even a three-foot length of conduit makes an awesome blow gun -- and you'd be surprised
how quickly you can become quite proficient at hitting a target with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:31:00 AM UTC-4, Robert Macy wrote:
Depending on your ability, you'll quickly learn to use the blow gun. Killing power is awesome. Will penetrate a metal garbage can. If you miss a shot, no big deal, retrieve the nail stuck in your house, better than a bullet hole. And makes much less noise early in the morning.

I have done this. The power is amazing. I used drywall screws and electrical twist caps. 2 rounds of tape to seal it.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm[_2_] View Post
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm
I was going to suggest grenades...

...but then I thought about it some more.

Seriously, birds eyes respond to movement. That's why a hawk can see a mouse moving on a field over 100 yards away. If the mouse were still, the hawk would never notice it or even see it.

What you want to do is use something like a scarecrow, but one that will move in the wind. As long as the scare crow "flies" or appears to move in the wind without any means of support, the pidgeons will realize that it's big enough to feed on them, and probably leave the area. I would contact some of the exterminators in your area to see what's available in the form of a wind toy that looks like a hawk, eagle or other large bird. I know that one of the churches in Winnipeg has large plaster eagles on it's steeple to keep birds away, but I expect it doesn't work well because it doesn't move. Even a bird brain would soon figure out that something that doesn't move can't chase it down and eat it.

Last edited by nestork : August 13th 14 at 11:56 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2014 1:47 PM, Thomas wrote:
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:31:00 AM UTC-4, Robert Macy wrote:
Depending on your ability, you'll quickly learn to use the blow gun. Killing power is awesome. Will penetrate a metal garbage can. If you miss a shot, no big deal, retrieve the nail stuck in your house, better than a bullet hole. And makes much less noise early in the morning.

I have done this. The power is amazing. I used drywall screws and electrical twist caps. 2 rounds of tape to seal it.

Can you use air compressor and quarter turn valve
for motive force?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 24, 2009 at 8:24:39 PM UTC-6, cm wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal..

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

Why won't anyone give a straight ****ing answer? Who the **** loves those damn flying rats that much that **** all over the place and cause disease? I would also like to know how to poison and kill these nasty ****ing pigeons. If no one has an answer then I'll just trap them and pour boiling water on their nasty asses...or maybe pelt them with an air soft gun until they die...is that better than poison? So **** all you disease loving nasty assholes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 12:15:56 AM UTC-4, benick wrote:
"z" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 10:24 pm, "cm" wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

hungry kitty.

20 gauge Shot gun....

Unless you live in a fairly secluded place, the shot gun might attract too much attention from the neighbors or police. A BB gun takes a little more skill but is quieter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:32:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

So **** all you disease loving nasty assholes.

PLONK

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

So **** all you disease loving nasty assholes.

PLONK

But is not against any religion, to want to dispose of a pigeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein
Posted to alt.home.repair

Omg...you're so funny!!'
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/16 4:55 AM, wrote:
Omg...you're so funny!!'

But it is not against religion
To want to dispose of a pigeon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 4:07:05 PM UTC-6, Phisherman wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:24:39 -0700, "cm" wrote:

I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

What is the need to kill them? Do you have a good recipe?

The only source of the pigeons I'm concerned with is one miserable neighbor, who has 40 birds as pets. Lets the go **** on the neighbor once every day or two. I more so wanna punish him...
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Stepfann King, Stepfann wrote:
FU

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-385589-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, 25 July 2009 12:33:11 UTC+10, Red Green wrote:

I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as
automotive anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

They are stupid and you can get them to commit suicide very easily. Get
some pigeon food. Go out on the ledge where they roost. Show it to them.
Step off the ledge and they will follow you.

OK I get the idea and it sounds too good to be true. I bet that if I did that they would just sit there and laugh at me whilst I stepped off the ledge.... What should I do if it doesn't work? Is there a Plan B that can be managed from my hospital bed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, 25 July 2009 12:33:11 UTC+10, Red Green wrote:

Only an australian would be so stupid as to reply to a 10-year-old
usenet post.

would be the fool in this case.

You live in Queensland, yes?

Ormeau?

Killing off a stump Tim Decker UK diy 16 August 14th 08 06:47 PM
Pigeons Andrew Gabriel UK diy 122 July 25th 08 02:20 AM
OT- More Slimebags That Need Killing Gunner Metalworking 5 August 24th 05 03:44 PM
OT ? Effectiveness of a pellet gun for pest control - squirrels and pigeons. Stephen Metalworking 34 August 23rd 04 06:45 PM
Aaargh Killing black growth in toilet w/o killing 22 pound cat 1_Patriotic_Gal Home Repair 16 May 22nd 04 03:31 PM