DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Light duty load lift? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/280210-light-duty-load-lift.html)

james June 12th 09 09:23 PM

Light duty load lift?

Due to back injury, I cannot lift items more than 50 lbs. So I'm looking for
a general purpose device to move heavy items around. E.g.

load a lawn mower into the trunk of a station wagon
move a 27 inch CRT TV from a TV stand into the garage then into the car

I found this:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...5535_200315535

However this device itself is too heavy (145 lbs ship weight). I may not be
able to move it up a stair, or load it into the car if I need it elsewhere.

Is there something similar but is lighter? A load capacity of 200 lbs would
be plenty enough. A lift table wouldn't work very well because their lowest
height is usually 10 inches off the ground.

LouB June 12th 09 09:55 PM

Light duty load lift?

james wrote:
Due to back injury, I cannot lift items more than 50 lbs. So I'm looking
for a general purpose device to move heavy items around. E.g.

load a lawn mower into the trunk of a station wagon
move a 27 inch CRT TV from a TV stand into the garage then into the car

I found this:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...5535_200315535

However this device itself is too heavy (145 lbs ship weight). I may not
be able to move it up a stair, or load it into the car if I need it
elsewhere.

Is there something similar but is lighter? A load capacity of 200 lbs
would be plenty enough. A lift table wouldn't work very well because
their lowest height is usually 10 inches off the ground.

How often do you need to move heavy stuff?
If infrequently then consider hiring someone rather than risk injuring
yourself more.

Lou