Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who here has experience with Pellet Stoves?

On Mon, 25 May 2009 17:40:23 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
Hipupchuck wrote:

I read that they are very noisy; something which I had not considered.
My wood stove is quiet. I'm just tired of getting up all hours of the
night to add wood.

Go to propane- or if you can, Natural gas. I went from wood to
propane several years ago & not only is more comfortable, more easily
regulated, nearly zero maintenance, it also saved me money over buying
wood every year up until this past year. [now wood has caught up &
propane has gone down so propane is probably cheaper per delivered BTU
again]

My brother went from wood to pellets- and went back in 2 yrs because
the supply of pellets was so unreliable.

Brother-in-law has two of the damn things in his house. They are
noisy, expensive, and break down frequently- I think he buys a hopper
motor for one or the other every year.

Ecoteck boast of quietness but look like they would cost a Georgia
fortune; maybe not; no prices.
I had hot air oil heat before and can't stand the noise.

Propane ventless- 100% efficient- works when the electricity goes off-
completely silent.

*Size* to the space being heated & buy a CO & explosive gas alarm, and
they are as safe as your home furnace.

what bull****. No combustion process is 100% efficient and no
combustion process without a means of bringing the exhaust outside is
safe.

Pellet stoves Ed Pawlowski Home Repair 1 May 25th 09 01:32 PM
Pellet stoves Joe Home Repair 0 May 25th 09 03:19 AM
VistaFlame Pellet stoves [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 13th 08 08:42 PM
Oil/Pellet Stoves? Bill LaFleur Home Ownership 285 November 18th 04 09:33 PM