Kindred SS sink install...

Old May 22nd 09, 12:22 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kindred SS sink install...

has anyone else had problems with the plastic clips that hold down
these sinks?
This is a slot rather than channel hold-down. The only type like these
are made by Franke.
It's a good sink...but poor design (or re-design).
Thanks for any thoughts.
Old May 22nd 09, 12:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
has anyone else had problems with the plastic clips that hold down
these sinks?
This is a slot rather than channel hold-down. The only type like these
are made by Franke.
It's a good sink...but poor design (or re-design).
Thanks for any thoughts.

Make sure the sink is in perfect shape with no bent flanges or corners
before you start. It should fit the hole easily without any clips. Use a
silicone based sealant, or clear tub caulk (water clean-up) and be very
careful not to overtighten the clips. When it comes to el-cheapo clips like
you describe, we are all like Bulwinkle. (Don't know my own strength).
Personally I prefer the old style clips as well, but we all take what we get
these days.

HTH, Lefty

Double sink drain install Phisherman Home Repair 5 December 23rd 07 09:12 PM
Re Ariston under-sink water heater install Adrian UK diy 13 March 26th 07 09:05 AM
Under sink water filter install ques saag Home Repair 7 August 1st 06 09:40 PM
vanity sink install SeaKan Home Repair 0 March 19th 06 03:28 AM
basement sink install RD Home Repair 2 July 25th 05 12:32 AM