Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

Default furnace 7" limit switch

greeting, i have determined the the limit switch in my furnace is bad
and i have found the following replacement part on line

http://bestbuyheatingandaircondition...tegory_Code=FL

my question is that the new switch has 3 connections whilst my old
switch has only 2 connections..how will i know which connections to use?

thanks, cj
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://bestbuyheatingandaircondition...erchant.mvc?Sc...

my question is that the new switch has 3 connections whilst my old
switch has only 2 connections..how will i know which connections to use?

thanks, cj

I would assume with 3 connections one is common, one is normally open,
other is normally closed. If what you are replacing is the high temp
limit switch, then it should be the pair that is normally closed and
you can determine that with a VOM.