Genie garage door opener light wont go out

Old March 11th 09, 03:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Genie garage door opener light wont go out

All,

I have the Genie Garage door opener Pro 88 (1/3 hP) that probably was
installed
with the house... ca 1992.

The thing works perfectly but the light timer doesn't seem to work. The
light is
staying lit indefinitely.

Nothing obvious to me but I don't know anything about the operations.

Anyone have access to a Manual or know why the countdown timer isn't
working?

There must be a place to adjust the timer?

Thanks in advance,

Djay

Old March 11th 09, 12:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 9:45*pm, "djay" wrote:
All,

I have the Genie Garage door opener Pro 88 (1/3 hP) that probably was
installed
with the house... *ca 1992.

The thing works perfectly but the light timer doesn't seem to work. *The
light is
staying lit indefinitely.

Nothing obvious to me but I don't know anything about the operations.

Anyone have access to a Manual or know why the countdown timer isn't
working?

There must be a place to adjust the timer?

Thanks in advance,

Djay

Is the lite switched on from the wall switch, my wall opener can lock
on the light. if garage is dark without it wire up a seperate motion
sensor on a wall or ceiling box, i put in several and get more light
Old March 11th 09, 04:03 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:45:00 -0700, "djay" wrote:

All,

I have the Genie Garage door opener Pro 88 (1/3 hP) that probably was
installed
with the house... ca 1992.

The thing works perfectly but the light timer doesn't seem to work. The
light is
staying lit indefinitely.

Nothing obvious to me but I don't know anything about the operations.

Anyone have access to a Manual or know why the countdown timer isn't
working?

There must be a place to adjust the timer?

Thanks in advance,

Djay

I have found a manual for them on line. Try a search.

Mine, there are different versions, has an option for a manual
switch on the light. My guess you will find the answer there.