Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Karcher pressure washer loses pressure...

Hi all,

My Karcher pressure washer loses pressure very quick. As a result when
standby the motor restart the operation constantly for a few seconds.
When operating the washer is fine and the pressure OK.
A guy said it is a matter of a "seal" that needs replacement. He said
it is an easy task. I have been googling for a while but it is no
information on Karcher web site on repairing or servicing its
machines.
Does anybody did such a repairing? Any indications, hints available
online? Any part catalog for Karcher is available online?

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:57:03 -0800 (PST), sammybar
wrote Re Karcher pressure washer loses
pressure...:

Hi all,

My Karcher pressure washer loses pressure very quick. As a result when
standby the motor restart the operation constantly for a few seconds.
When operating the washer is fine and the pressure OK.
A guy said it is a matter of a "seal" that needs replacement. He said
it is an easy task. I have been googling for a while but it is no
information on Karcher web site on repairing or servicing its
machines.
Does anybody did such a repairing? Any indications, hints available
online? Any part catalog for Karcher is available online?

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy

This is how a Karcher tells you that the pump is getting ready to
fail. If you have more than 5 or 10 hours on it, it's about done. Kiss
it goodbye.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 5:57*pm, sammybar wrote:
Hi all,

My Karcher pressure washer loses pressure very quick. As a result when
standby the motor restart the operation constantly for a few seconds.
When operating the washer is fine and the pressure OK.
A guy said it is a matter of a "seal" that needs replacement. He said
it is an easy task. I have been googling for a while but it is no
information on Karcher web site on repairing or servicing its
machines.
Does anybody did such a repairing? Any indications, hints available
online? Any part catalog for Karcher is available online?

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy

There are many seals on it, find the leak then you will know if its
worth fixing. A friend used his Karcher every week for maybe 10 yrs
only the switch broke even, mine is 4 yrs old, used maybe 8-20 hrs a
year and its fine. I have heard they got cheap recently, if its under
warranty have them fix it. Look for drips it should not leak.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/26/2009 3:57 PM sammybar spake thus:

My Karcher pressure washer loses pressure very quick. As a result when
standby the motor restart the operation constantly for a few seconds.
When operating the washer is fine and the pressure OK.
A guy said it is a matter of a "seal" that needs replacement. He said
it is an easy task. I have been googling for a while but it is no
information on Karcher web site on repairing or servicing its
machines.
Does anybody did such a repairing? Any indications, hints available
online? Any part catalog for Karcher is available online?

I repaired a Karcher washer not long ago. Had a hell of a time trying to
find parts; finally ended up getting them from a little bitty place
waaaay up in Pinole (anyone familiar with the San Francisco Bay Area
will know how out of the way that is) that sold and serviced small gas
engines.

The Karcher site does have very good documentation for their washers,
including exploded diagrams that make it pretty easy to locate the
parts. I think the part I had to replace was a seal.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 6:57�pm, sammybar wrote:
Hi all,

My Karcher pressure washer loses pressure very quick. As a result when
standby the motor restart the operation constantly for a few seconds.
When operating the washer is fine and the pressure OK.
A guy said it is a matter of a "seal" that needs replacement. He said
it is an easy task. I have been googling for a while but it is no
information on Karcher web site on repairing or servicing its
machines.
Does anybody did such a repairing? Any indications, hints available
online? Any part catalog for Karcher is available online?

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy

Yep, you have a leak on the high pressure side. Probably in the
connection where the little hose is suppose to pick up and mix the
soap. I took that connection out of the line because I don't mix soap.
Just hook up the high pressure hose direct to the unit. That was my
problem anyway. Hope this helps.

Hank ~~~always under pressure

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Karcher site does have very good documentation for their washers,
including exploded diagrams that make it pretty easy to locate the
parts. I think the part I had to replace was a seal.

David,
I have been looking around the Karcher web sites but all the
documentation I can find is the user manual. Exploded diagrams will be
very helpful for me but I can not locate where they are. Could you
point me to the right place?

Thanks you very much for your hint
Sammy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yep, you have a leak on the high pressure side. Probably in the
connection where the little hose is suppose to pick up and mix the
soap. I took that connection out of the line because I don't mix soap.
Just hook up the high pressure hose direct to the unit. That was my
problem anyway. Hope this helps.

Hank, It is no visible leak under the washer but through the high
pressure output. When the trigger is loosen in the hand gun, it is
still some liquid flowing out and as a consequence the pump restarts
to maintain the pressure. That is why I think the problem is inside
the pump...

Thnaks for yout hint
Sammy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 9:21*am, sammybar wrote:
Yep, you have a leak on the high pressure side. Probably in the
connection where the little hose is suppose to pick up and mix the
soap. I took that connection out of the line because I don't mix soap.
Just hook up the high pressure hose direct to the unit. That was my
problem anyway. Hope this helps.

Hank, It is no visible leak under the washer but through the high
pressure output. When the trigger is loosen in the hand gun, it is
still some liquid flowing out and as a consequence the pump restarts
to maintain the pressure. That is why I think the problem is inside
the pump...

Thnaks for yout hint
Sammy

So you stop spraying, it leaks out the wand nozzle, and you think its
the pump and a junk unit?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2009 7:14 AM sammybar spake thus:

The Karcher site does have very good documentation for their washers,
including exploded diagrams that make it pretty easy to locate the
parts. I think the part I had to replace was a seal.

I have been looking around the Karcher web sites but all the
documentation I can find is the user manual. Exploded diagrams will be
very helpful for me but I can not locate where they are. Could you
point me to the right place?

Aha, it's coming back to me; I didn't leave any notes or bookmarks from
my previous search.

So for some strange reason, Karcher doesn't have these documents on its
web site. You have to contact a "local service center" (must be due to
some contractual arrangement). Here's the note from their site:

Regrettably parts breakdowns can not be obtained directly from
Kärcher. Parts breakdowns for your model may be obtained by visiting or
contacting a local service center.

Kärcher does not recommend repairing internal parts of the pressure
washer yourself. It can cause severe damage. Please visit an authorized
dealer for repairs. Any internal repairs not preformed by an authorized
dealer void all warranties.

Please refer to Kärcher’s Service Center Locator to find your nearest
location.
Kärcher also recommends contacting one of our top distributors:

R. J. Bowers (800) 383-6584 www.rjbowers.com
Pressure Parts (800) 999-2245 www.pressureparts.com

So I ended up making a bunch of phone calls, getting the runaround a few
times, and finally finding the information I was looking for. Sorry, but
that's the way things are set up there. If you're persistent you'll find it.

This page, with all its links, is at
http://karcher-usa.custhelp.com/cgi-...hp?p_faqid=141

(Just ignore their warning about DIY repairs. Ain't rocket science.)

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi all,

My Karcher pressure washer loses pressure very quick. As a result when
standby the motor restart the operation constantly for a few seconds.
When operating the washer is fine and the pressure OK.
A guy said it is a matter of a "seal" that needs replacement. He said
it is an easy task. I have been googling for a while but it is no
information on Karcher web site on repairing or servicing its
machines.
Does anybody did such a repairing? Any indications, hints available
online? Any part catalog for Karcher is available online?

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy

Try this site. The have breakdown diagrams

http://www.ultimatewasher.com/karche...archerdiagrams

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 10:21�am, sammybar wrote:

Hank, It is no visible leak under the washer but through the high
pressure output. When the trigger is loosen in the hand gun, it is
still some liquid flowing out and as a consequence the pump restarts
to maintain the pressure. That is why I think the problem is inside
the pump...

Thnaks for yout hint
Sammy

Then it is the valve on the handle. ANY leak will cause your problem.
The valve is easy to get apart. Take it apart and clean it out. Should
fix it.

Hank ~~~has a better handle on things
Posted to alt.home.repair

So I ended up making a bunch of phone calls, getting the runaround a few
times, and finally finding the information I was looking for. Sorry, but
that's the way things are set up there. If you're persistent you'll find it.

Thanks a lot!, I (you) found the exploded diagrams. It can help me a
lot, thanks again...
Posted to alt.home.repair

So you stop spraying, it leaks out the wand nozzle, and you think its
the pump and a junk unit?

....or may be it is a problem of the wand... You mean the valve on the
wand may be leaking? I'll double check.
Thanks for your advice
Sammy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Then it is the valve on the handle. ANY leak will cause your problem.
The valve is easy to get apart. Take it apart and clean it out. Should
fix it.

It sounds logical. May be you are right. I'll check. Thanks a lot!