Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pressure relief valve

I have an apollo heating system;which uses hot water to heat with.
my pressure relief valve is dripping.because it is an apollo system
the valve must be replaced by an apollo relief valve. my question is:
how dangerous(?) is waiting for 10 days until i return from a trip
that
is neccessary? the dripping occurs when there is NO call for heat.
also the dripis not a gushing flow of water,just a drip like a faucet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have an apollo heating system;which uses hot water to heat with.
my pressure relief valve is dripping.because it is an apollo system
the valve must be replaced by an apollo relief valve. my question is:
how dangerous(?) is waiting for 10 days until i return from a trip
that
is neccessary? the dripping occurs when there is NO call for heat.
also the dripis not a gushing flow of water,just a drip like a faucet.

Could make a huge puddle or it may just drip. If the seal gets worse, the
leak will get worse. Can't say for sure, but I'd not let it go 10 days.

Also. Google on Capitalization. Makes reading easier.

Posted to alt.home.repair

This link has some answers regarding what may be causing the problem:

http://homerepair.about.com/od/heati...t_boiler_6.htm

Check out the possible causes and click on the various underlined links on
the page.

For example, you may just need to drain some water out of the expansion tank
above the heater to correct the problem.

wrote:
I have an apollo heating system;which uses hot water to heat with.
my pressure relief valve is dripping.because it is an apollo system
the valve must be replaced by an apollo relief valve. my question is:
how dangerous(?) is waiting for 10 days until i return from a trip
that
is neccessary? the dripping occurs when there is NO call for heat.
also the dripis not a gushing flow of water,just a drip like a faucet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 18, 4:04*pm, wrote:
I have an apollo heating system;which uses hot water to heat with.
my pressure relief valve is dripping.because it is an apollo system
the valve must be replaced by an apollo relief valve. my question is:
how dangerous(?) is waiting for 10 days until i return from a trip
that
is neccessary? the dripping occurs when there is NO call for heat.
also the dripis not a gushing flow of water,just a drip like a faucet.

What is boiler pressure, it might be to high. Do you have auto water
feed, if so they do fail and overfill. My system only needs 12lb to go
up 3 storys it is an old gravity fed system now on pump, you only need
as much water to get water to the highest radiator and systems are
different. Is it a 35lb relief. It should be a standard valve. Check
pressure maybe lower it.