Gas oven popping noise

Old January 15th 09, 05:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas oven popping noise

We have a Maytag gas range that is about 7 years old. My wife and I
bought the house about 3 years ago. I have noticed a popping noise
coming from the oven, which I assume is not dangerous since it has
been doing it for about 3 years but I am wondering what the noise is.

We turn on the oven, it lights up and heats up the oven. While the
oven heats you can hear a slight hising noise that I assume is the
flow of gas into the oven. Eventually when the oven is heated up the
hissing stops but a second or two after there is always a popping/puff
noise that follows.

What is that noise?
Old January 15th 09, 06:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 15, 12:51�pm, wrote:
We have a Maytag gas range that is about 7 years old. My wife and I
bought the house about 3 years ago. I have noticed a popping noise
coming from the oven, which I assume is not dangerous since it has
been doing it for about 3 years but I am wondering what the noise is.

We turn on the oven, it lights up and heats up the oven. While the
oven heats you can hear a slight hising noise that I assume is the
flow of gas into the oven. Eventually when the oven is heated up the
hissing stops but a second or two after there is always a popping/puff
noise that follows.

What is that noise?

sounds ike gas shutting off and on. if a gas appliance fails to light
immediately the gas builds up till theres enough to go BOOM.

Actually a small explosion. Most often caused by a dirty burner

Pioneer SX1010 popping noise Stevie D Electronics Repair 2 January 31st 07 10:17 PM
HD TV popping noise problem Bob Z Electronics Repair 2 September 20th 06 10:01 PM
Old oven timer makes a noise when oven is off [email protected] Electronics Repair 4 April 9th 06 04:04 AM
Recessed Lights Make Popping Noise Just_Buy Home Repair 2 March 26th 06 01:12 PM
Hitachi Projection TV Loud Cracking/Popping noise from Speakers Joe R. Electronics Repair 1 February 14th 04 09:44 AM