Posted to alt.home.repair

Default White Bird-Poop on Concrete?

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up
residence in a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio,
or driveway. Very quickly a good bit of white bird-poop
accumulates. I haven't found a good way to remove this from
concrete. The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so
just stays and stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after
modest hosing and brushing?

Thanks.
--
----------
CWLee

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:44:38 -0800, "CWLee"
wrote:

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up
residence in a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio,
or driveway. Very quickly a good bit of white bird-poop
accumulates. I haven't found a good way to remove this from
concrete. The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so
just stays and stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after
modest hosing and brushing?

Thanks.

It would be much easier to just put diapers on the birds and you wont
have to clean anything on the concrete. Just be sure to change the
bird's diapers daily.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 2:18�am, Jimw wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:44:38 -0800, "CWLee"

wrote:

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up
residence in a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio,
or driveway. �Very quickly a good bit of white bird-poop
accumulates. �I haven't found a good way to remove this from
concrete. �The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so
just stays and stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after
modest hosing and brushing?

Thanks.

It would be much easier to just put diapers on the birds and you wont
have to clean anything on the concrete. �Just be sure to change the
bird's diapers daily.

clean flawlessely, let dry completely

then apply thompsons oil basewd water seal very liberally.

like dump on with broom spread and leave puddle on surface to absorb
in for day.

it will darken the surface some but future cleran ups will be garden
hose easy.

the poop will no longer stick to the concrete.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:44:38 -0800, "CWLee"
wrote Re White Bird-Poop on Concrete?:

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up
residence in a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio,
or driveway. Very quickly a good bit of white bird-poop
accumulates. I haven't found a good way to remove this from
concrete. The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so
just stays and stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after
modest hosing and brushing?

Thanks.

Try keeping it wet. You can do that by old piece of cloth over the
spots you are trying to remove. Wet the cloth down and spray with a
household cleaner such as Mr. Clean, Simple Green or whatever. Keep it
wet and soaking for about an hour or two. Then remove rags and wash it
away. Repeat as necessary.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 12, 11:44*pm, "CWLee" wrote:
From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up
residence in a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio,
or driveway. *Very quickly a good bit of white bird-poop
accumulates. *I haven't found a good way to remove this from
concrete. *The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so
just stays and stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after
modest hosing and brushing?

Thanks.
--
----------
CWLee
Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
cows. *Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
promote for performance, not preferences.

Hit it with a propane torch and a wire brush, at least thats how I get
paint off concrete, should work with crap too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 10:11�am, RickH wrote:
On Jan 12, 11:44�pm, "CWLee" wrote:

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up
residence in a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio,
or driveway. �Very quickly a good bit of white bird-poop
accumulates. �I haven't found a good way to remove this from
concrete. �The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so
just stays and stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after
modest hosing and brushing?

Thanks.
--
----------
CWLee
Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
cows. �Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
promote for performance, not preferences.

Hit it with a propane torch and a wire brush, at least thats how I get
paint off concrete, should work with crap too.- Hide quoted text -

propane torch on concrete can explode, at least wear safety glasses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:44:38 -0800, "CWLee"
wrote:

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up
residence in a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio,
or driveway. Very quickly a good bit of white bird-poop
accumulates. I haven't found a good way to remove this from
concrete. The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so
just stays and stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after
modest hosing and brushing?

Thanks.

Remove the branches or the entire tree. I have a lot of trees, and a
lot of birds, but all branches overhang lawn areas adding nutrients
and nitrogen to the soil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"CWLee" wrote in message
m...

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up residence in
a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio, or driveway. Very quickly
a good bit of white bird-poop accumulates. I haven't found a good way to
remove this from concrete. The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so just stays and
stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after modest hosing
and brushing?

Do you know what type of bird?

Packaged bird **** brings big $$$, depending on the bird. I can see why you
would be concerned not getting the last 30% off, that's a 30% loss.

To help identify the bird, carefully pick through the ****. If there's corn
in there, don't eat it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Larry" wrote in message

"CWLee" wrote in message
m...

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up residence in
a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio, or driveway. Very quickly
a good bit of white bird-poop accumulates. I haven't found a good way to
remove this from concrete. The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so just stays and
stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after modest hosing
and brushing?

Do you know what type of bird?

Packaged bird **** brings big $$$, depending on the bird. I can see why
you would be concerned not getting the last 30% off, that's a 30% loss.

To help identify the bird, carefully pick through the ****. If there's
corn in there, don't eat it.

That could mean it's a chicken - if so, eat the bird.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 2:02:30 PM UTC-5, Jimw wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:24:22 -0500, Phisherman
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:44:38 -0800, "CWLee"
wrote:

From time to time some bird - or perhaps several - takes up
residence in a tree overhanging a concrete walkway, patio,
or driveway. Very quickly a good bit of white bird-poop
accumulates. I haven't found a good way to remove this from
concrete. The hose gets the top 50% or so, and a stiff
broom then gets maybe another 20%, but the last 30% or so
just stays and stays.

Anyone here found a good way to remove the residue after
modest hosing and brushing?

Thanks.

Remove the branches or the entire tree. I have a lot of trees, and a
lot of birds, but all branches overhang lawn areas adding nutrients
and nitrogen to the soil.

All of this sounds like a lot of work and trouble FOR NOTHING.
Birds ****. Rain washes it onto your lawn where it fertilizes the
lawn and the trees, which makes the lawn and trees grow so the birds
can eat the seeds produced by the lawn and the trees, and that makes
the birds **** again. It's called the cycle of life, or NATURE.

With all the problems in the world, you're worrying about bird **** on
your driveway ???????

Try one of these methods.

1. Volunteer your time at a local charity so you dont have time to
worry about bird poop.

2. Pray for rain and hire some traditional Native Americans to do rain
dances on your property.

3. Build a plastic dome over your entire home and land.

4. Get yourself into congress, so you can enact a law requiring that
all birds wear diapers, and get the government to spend $32trillion to
hire a staff of workers to install and change bird diapers daily.
While they're at it, I'm sure the right wing fundies will want all
birds be required to wear clothing to avoid public nudity. So that
means more jobs and more government spending.

5. Get a horse. The horse **** will cover the bird **** and you'll
see brown bird **** instead of white bird **** on your driveway, which
might be a better color match for your home-paradise.

6. Spend about $25,000 and buy a real heavy duty industrial floor
scrubbing machine to drive around on your lawn and driveway 24/7. The
noise alone should make your neighbors call the police, and the judge
might sentence you to a long (much needed) vacation at the local
county psychiatric hospital.

[I'd personally recommend method #1].

By the way, DO NOT use a torch on concrete. The surface concrete will
explode damaging both the concrete and possibly your eyes.

Did your parents actually have any children that lived?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:27:17 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:44:38 -0800, "CWLee"
wrote:

Snip

Did your parents actually have any children that lived?

Apparently YOUR parents have at least one child that's brain-dead. Pay
attention to the date of the post you're replying to.

The poster doesn't know that the white stuff in bird poop is really
bird ****, too. Same in chicken poop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway was thinking very hard :
On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 08:23:34 -0800, Eagle wrote:

Gordon Shumway presented the following explanation :

wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:44:38 -0800, "CWLee"
wrote:

Snip

Did your parents actually have any children that lived?

Apparently YOUR parents have at least one child that's brain-dead. Pay
attention to the date of the post you're replying to.

Do you always pay attention to the posting date and read the headers
before responding? That is a habit not always part of NG posts.

Using a news reader application eliminates the need to pay attention
to the date. Unless I specifically look for old messages I only see
new messages. If one doesn't use a news reader application one should
pay attention to the dates... unless they don't mind looking like an
idiot when they insult others as gordyhowl did.

I see you use agent. I use mesnews so it reads a little different than
agent. mesnews colors My posts so I don't have to look for mine. There
are several differences between agent and mesnews, but I have been
using mesnews for several years now and am used to how it reads the
NG's. I tried agent 6 but didn't care for all the bells and whistles
that I would never use.

Insulting people like gordyhowl does is not make for informative
reading, and just promotes anger and vengence. I can see you have no
use for that kind of behavior...nor can I.
Pleasure meeting you Gordon.