light Weight ceiling treatment

Old December 30th 08, 02:10 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default light Weight ceiling treatment

Looking for suggestions for a light weight ceiling material for a pole barn.
It has a truss system on 8ft centers with nailers on 30" centers for the
metal roof. I insulated with foam board and added additional 2x supports
between the nailers so I have supports every 15". I want to do it as a
cathedral ceiling and will only have an end wall truss a center truss and an
interior wall built against the next truss. So the floor area is 16ft wide
and 30ft long, the trusses span the 30ft length. I've considered a metal
grid system with the lightweight flimsy tiles but looking for other ideas.
I'm not against using those cheesy faux styrofoam beams to hide fasteners on
a sheet type of ceiling, but not sure what to use because of the limited
structural support.

Old January 1st 09, 01:07 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Old January 1st 09, 09:03 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Right about cedar, I built a deck with it and much lighter than pt wood.
however looking for somthing lighter than that. Anybody know what laun
plywood weighs per sheet?
"RickH" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 8:10 am, "Jeff D" wrote:
[...]

1x cedar is pretty light, or cedar T&G for a more refined look.