Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WD-40 New Can

I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a
can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Duff" wrote in message
I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a
can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

I saved a bunch of them when I discarded the empties.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 17, 9:06*am, Duff wrote:
I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a
can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over. *

Save the big bucks and buy one of these:

http://www.wd40.com/products/one-gallon/

and a couple of these:

http://www.wd40company.com/files/ima..._s46817523.gif

The plastic spray bottle has an adjustable nozzle for stream or spray.

Think of how many aerosol cans you've purchased over the years and
compare that to the price of a gallon (~$15) and a couple of $4 spray
bottles.

And no straw to lose, ever!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Claude Hopper" wrote in message
Duff wrote:
I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a
can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

And it's impossible to buy new straws because WD-40 bought them all up
and would rather have you keep buying product to get a new straw.
I don't like those new built in straw cans.

Shoulda saved the old ones. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"PanHandler" wrote:

Shoulda saved the old ones. :-)

Yep.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Claude Hopper wrote:
Duff wrote:
I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get
a can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

And it's impossible to buy new straws because WD-40 bought them all up
and would rather have you keep buying product to get a new straw.
I don't like those new built in straw cans.

Save the straws from all straw-equipped cans.

Likewise save the nozzles from all spray cans. There will come a time when
the nozzle of your current compound won't work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Claude Hopper wrote:
Duff wrote:
I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get
a can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

And it's impossible to buy new straws because WD-40 bought them all
up and would rather have you keep buying product to get a new straw.
I don't like those new built in straw cans.

Save the straws from all straw-equipped cans.

Likewise save the nozzles from all spray cans. There will come a time
when the nozzle of your current compound won't work.

Go to Wal-Mart and get all the WD40 straws you want. They're on all the
cans.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in :

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:06:55 -0600, Duff wrote:

I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a
can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

Try these straw holders
http://www.hold-it.net/newsrelease.htm

Looks like a good thing. But five bucks for a dozen modified rubber bands?
Harbor Freight bag of rubber bands ****load in a bag for maybe 50 cents or
a buck.

Only problem with elastics is they dry out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:58:36 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:31:54 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

-snip-
Why don't people buy the gallon size and a few spray bottles? It's
not like it ever goes bad and it's so much cheaper.

I used a gallon of WD40 but found that the aerosol was just a lot
handier. I had plastic 2 bottles and both broke long before the
gallon was up.

I picked up a metal spray can for some PB blaster that I have in stock
now. The damn thing doesn't spray all that well- and it seems to
leak if the barometric pressure or temperature changes a little bit.

There's a reason aerosol cans are popular.

Jim

You can buy refillable, rechargable, air powered cans that have a
schrader valve in the bottom. They are made of metal and work quite
well. Just put in some of whatever liquid you want to spray, screw on
the top, hit the valve with a quick blast from your compressor hose
and you're good to go.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"cmsan" wrote:

"Duff" wrote...
I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a
can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

Huge problem always for me. I always have WD-40, rarely the damn straw
though. There must be a way to get straws though? How about this idea?
When you get a new can, cut the straw in two pieces and then tape the other
half of the straw on the opposite side of the can from where the first piece
is taped.

At least that would double the life of the straw.

I solved that problem by getting (free) a gross of straws

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:06:55 -0600, Duff wrote:

I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a
can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

I put a thick runner band on the can to hold the straw when not in
use. Or you can fasten a empty pen barrel to the can to hold the
straw.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:06:55 -0600, Duff wrote:

I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a
can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that
is over.

I put a thick runner band on the can to hold the straw when not in
use. Or you can fasten a empty pen barrel to the can to hold the
straw.

You'll have to get them back together first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runner_(band)

TDD