Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solar screens removal in winters

I live in Dallas. The solar screens have been very useful in summers
here, but does it make a difference if I leave it on for the winters.
The company which put up the solar screens for me say that the screens
help out in winters also, by preventing the cold air from reaching the
glass. Does anyone have experience on which wins out the additional
sunlight by removing the solar screen or putting the solar screen and
preventing the cold wind from hitting the glass.

Thanks....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat 15 Nov 2008 10:12:09a, dk9117 told us...

I live in Dallas. The solar screens have been very useful in summers
here, but does it make a difference if I leave it on for the winters.
The company which put up the solar screens for me say that the screens
help out in winters also, by preventing the cold air from reaching the
glass. Does anyone have experience on which wins out the additional
sunlight by removing the solar screen or putting the solar screen and
preventing the cold wind from hitting the glass.

Thanks....

We live in the Phoenix area, and leave our solar screens on year round. I
can’t be sure about the benefits of leaving them on in winter, but I
wouldn’t discount it. We leave them on primarily for privacy and room
darkening.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Saturday, 11(XI)/15(XV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
1wks 4dys 12hrs 37mins
I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I
preach to.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:25:14 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Sat 15 Nov 2008 10:12:09a, dk9117 told us...

I live in Dallas. The solar screens have been very useful in summers
here, but does it make a difference if I leave it on for the winters.
The company which put up the solar screens for me say that the screens
help out in winters also, by preventing the cold air from reaching the
glass. Does anyone have experience on which wins out the additional
sunlight by removing the solar screen or putting the solar screen and
preventing the cold wind from hitting the glass.

Thanks....

We live in the Phoenix area, and leave our solar screens on year round. I
can’t be sure about the benefits of leaving them on in winter, but I
wouldn’t discount it. We leave them on primarily for privacy and room
darkening.

Same here in Las Vegas. The only time the solar screens come off are
for window washing.

It would be easy to damage them, by repeated removal / storage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat 15 Nov 2008 12:03:00p, Oren told us...

wrote:

[...]

Yes, that's true, too.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Saturday, 11(XI)/15(XV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
1wks 4dys 11hrs 35mins
Are you wearing a toupe or is that a TRIBBLE on your head?

set-up for rigid panel solar pool heater, solar blanket KLE Home Repair 2 May 4th 08 12:52 AM
solar screens? Paul Oman Home Repair 4 January 31st 07 04:27 AM
Solar Screens in Winter Jim Home Repair 2 October 30th 06 03:26 PM
How to create arc for solar screens? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 October 22nd 05 06:22 PM
How to winterize Pool skimmer (cold winters in Toronto) NewGuy Home Repair 5 October 14th 04 01:16 PM