Oil leaking from air filter chamber on lawn mower

Old October 19th 08, 01:18 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oil leaking from air filter chamber on lawn mower

I have a newer model Toro push-mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine
that has generally been working great. A month or so ago, I somehow
overfilled the oil, and the next time I started it, the oil seeped out
of the air filter area and onto the top of the deck. It was a mess.

Now it has happened again, but I don't think it was overfilled this
time. The engine itself seems to be running fine. Does anyone know
what might be going on here? Have I unwittingly caused some damage?

Dave
Old October 19th 08, 01:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 19, 7:18*am, wrote:
I have a newer model Toro push-mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine
that has generally been working great. A month or so ago, I somehow
overfilled the oil, and the next time I started it, the oil seeped out
of the air filter area and onto the top of the deck. It was a mess.

Now it has happened again, but I don't think it was overfilled this
time. The engine itself seems to be running fine. Does anyone know
what might be going on here? Have I unwittingly caused some damage?

Dave

Is it overfilled or not check that first
Old October 19th 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have a newer model Toro push-mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine
that has generally been working great. A month or so ago, I somehow
overfilled the oil, and the next time I started it, the oil seeped out
of the air filter area and onto the top of the deck. It was a mess.

Now it has happened again, but I don't think it was overfilled this
time. The engine itself seems to be running fine. Does anyone know
what might be going on here? Have I unwittingly caused some damage?

If you tip the mower the wrong way, it will do this.