Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rockwell saw

In article ,
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth?
About ten inch blade.

Steve

Same thing anything is worth: whatever a buyer will pay. I'd say, for
that item, between 50 and 300 dollars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth?
About ten inch blade.

Steve

Can't see it from here. An old Real Rockwell, or the current current
Rockwell-branded crap I see at the Borg? Condition, hours, how flat is
the table (and how big is it), any visible rust, any metal-on-metal
screeching when it is powered up, etc? Cast iron, stamped, or plastic
table? Cheap pot-metal fittings, or machined castings? Kinda like a used
car- you have to spend some hands-on time with it, and let it talk to you.

Lacking any details or knowledge of the local used market in your town,
I'd say go to the Borg or Sears, find a saw with similar specs, and
offer half of what the new price is. A large pawn shop is also a place
to go, to see the high side of local used prices, as well as Craig's
List. Table saws with 10" blades run the gamut from $200 18" table toys
that are fine for building birdhouses and bookshelves, through
'contractor grade', to shop models that weigh a ton and last for forty
years, and cost thousands of dollars. (Only got to use one of those
once, in a millwork plant on a Saturday. 48" square table, huge motor,
etc. It made going back and using a jobsite saw very depressing.)

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth?
About ten inch blade.

Steve

Same thing anything is worth: whatever a buyer will pay. I'd say, for
that item, between 50 and 300 dollars.

Hi,
Peruse eBay. May give a clue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
news
What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth?
About ten inch blade.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,
not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Theodore
Roosevelt 1891

I see them on craigslist for up to a couple hundred dollars, and down to free.

I tried selling a 10" sears saw for $100 and only got 1 nibble.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
news
What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth?
About ten inch blade.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and
imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be
done." Theodore Roosevelt 1891

If it's the Rockwell/Delta 10" motorized ( built in motor) Table Saw I had
one for about 20 years not the most solid saw out there but it served me
well I sold it for about $100 15 years ago. If it's the 10" contractor saw
there a really nice saw I would think if it's in any decent shape a couple
hundred. The contractor saw has a removable motor mounted on the back., open
base. Do you have a pic. of it ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard
worth?

Peruse eBay. May give a clue.

Who would buy/sell such a saw on EBay ? The shipping alone would be more
than the saw is worth. Try something LOCAL like Craigslist

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Rudy" wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard
worth?

Peruse eBay. May give a clue.

Who would buy/sell such a saw on EBay ? The shipping alone would be more
than the saw is worth. Try something LOCAL like Craigslist

People sell stuff like that all the time on eBay. Local area buyers pick
it up. You can even search eBay for items within a specified radius of
your own zip code.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
news
What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth?
About ten inch blade.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and
imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be
done." Theodore Roosevelt 1891

The two listed here is worth some $$, too bad its three phase.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 4, 7:35*am, aemeijers wrote:
snip

shop models that weigh a ton and last for forty
years, and cost thousands of dollars. (Only got to use one of those
once, in a millwork plant on a Saturday. 48" square table, huge motor,
etc. It made going back and using a jobsite saw very depressing.)

Visited a shop in Chicago once that did custom interior woodwork for
restaurants and upscale bars and the owner let me play with his
monster sliding table saw and a few other power toys. Couldn't bear to
look at my pitiful collection for a few days. Like looking at Chevys
(Corvette excepted) after being in a Ferrari store.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rudy wrote:
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard
worth?

Peruse eBay. May give a clue.

Who would buy/sell such a saw on EBay ? The shipping alone would be more
than the saw is worth. Try something LOCAL like Craigslist

Huh?! they sell cars on eBay, they sell houses. Lccal pick up sales
always happening.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , SteveB says...

What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth?
About ten inch blade.

Steve

depends on condition and age. Sadly, the older a tool is the more I'm likely to
be interested in it.

nate

Rockwell 28-200 setup jon951 Woodworking 4 January 17th 07 05:16 PM
Rockwell Mill 21-100 Clif Holland Metalworking 0 November 24th 05 09:59 PM
Rockwell DP model 17-600 for $100? Jay Pique Woodworking 5 October 9th 05 09:04 PM
Rockwell Bandsaw Brian Woodworking 8 April 26th 04 09:22 PM
rockwell lathe KD Metalworking 1 September 11th 03 06:39 AM