Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

Default Toilet Valve Repair

American Standard toilet flush valve. I have a new plunger valve (the
valve that regulates the flow of water into the tank.) It came with a
new seat that installs with an allen wrench but I can't get the old
seat out. It has a round inside so an allen wrench won't work to
unscrew it. Does someone know the secret to get it out? And if I get
it out will the new one screw in? Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed" wrote in message
American Standard toilet flush valve. I have a new plunger valve (the
valve that regulates the flow of water into the tank.) It came with a
new seat that installs with an allen wrench but I can't get the old
seat out. It has a round inside so an allen wrench won't work to
unscrew it. Does someone know the secret to get it out? And if I get
it out will the new one screw in? Thanks.

Replace it with a FluidMaster (code approved model) for about $8 and your
problems will be solved.

The replacement washers are a snap to install with no tools for $1-2 each
depending on where you buy them.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

On Sep 25, 5:02*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"Ed" wrote in message

American Standard toilet flush valve. I have a new plunger valve (the
valve that regulates the flow of water into the tank.) It came with a
new seat that installs with an allen wrench but I can't get the old
seat out. It has a round inside so an allen wrench won't work to
unscrew it. Does someone know the secret to get it out? And if I get
it out will the new one screw in? Thanks.

Replace it with a FluidMaster (code approved model) for about $8 and your
problems will be solved.

The replacement washers are a snap to install with no tools for $1-2 each
depending on where you buy them.

Colbyt

But I don't want a FluidMaster. I prefer to do a simple repair for
this one and not send it to landfill.
Ed
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed wrote:

American Standard toilet flush valve. I have a new plunger valve (the
valve that regulates the flow of water into the tank.) It came with a
new seat that installs with an allen wrench but I can't get the old
seat out. It has a round inside so an allen wrench won't work to
unscrew it. Does someone know the secret to get it out? And if I get
it out will the new one screw in? Thanks.

Can you cut it off????
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed" wrote in message

But I don't want a FluidMaster. I prefer to do a simple repair for
this one and not send it to landfill.

It is 1900 technology. Move into the next century.

The horse and buggy has been replaced and this old style device should be
also.

Fluidmaster toilet valve help I Podius UK diy 1 April 12th 07 10:40 AM
Question on toilet valve [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 10th 06 02:45 AM
Toilet inlet valve marc_ely UK diy 11 October 3rd 06 01:57 AM
toilet inlet valve query Vass UK diy 4 September 5th 06 05:35 PM
Valve,Butterfly valve,Globe valve,Check valve,Ball valve,Plug valve,Marine valve,Gate valve,Flow control valve [email protected] UK diy 1 April 17th 06 10:29 AM