DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacing SubZero 690/S Light Switch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/260239-replacing-subzero-690-s-light-switch.html)

Bruce September 14th 08 10:11 PM

Replacing SubZero 690/S Light Switch

I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S
refrigerator/freezer.
What is the easiest way to replace the switch?
Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to remove the top
grill and the cover over the switch and push it down and out?
The new switch looks like it snaps in. One side has a small ridge and the
other a plastic clip that holds it in place.
I know I have to shut power off first.

Dan Lanciani September 15th 08 12:07 AM

In article , bruce1293@comcastdotnet (Bruce) writes:
| I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S
| refrigerator/freezer.
| What is the easiest way to replace the switch?
| Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to remove the top
| grill and the cover over the switch and push it down and out?

When I did it I removed the grill. It's a good opportunity to clean
the condenser (but I'm sure you do that regularly anyway :).

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

boden September 15th 08 02:30 AM

Dan Lanciani wrote:
In article , bruce1293@comcastdotnet (Bruce) writes:
| I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S
| refrigerator/freezer.
| What is the easiest way to replace the switch?
| Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to remove the top
| grill and the cover over the switch and push it down and out?

When I did it I removed the grill. It's a good opportunity to clean
the condenser (but I'm sure you do that regularly anyway :).

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

I've found that removing the grill and cleaning the condenser twice each
year is needed. I wish SubZero had a better design for the attachment
of the grill though.

Bruce September 18th 08 11:51 PM

"Bruce" bruce1293@comcastdotnet wrote in message
I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S
refrigerator/freezer.
What is the easiest way to replace the switch?
Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to remove the
top grill and the cover over the switch and push it down and out?
The new switch looks like it snaps in. One side has a small ridge and the
other a plastic clip that holds it in place.
I know I have to shut power off first.

I did come in from the grill side. It was much easier and yes the condenser
did need cleaning.
Thanks for the advice.