DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dehumidifier fan motor McMillan A0410A2405 (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/260235-dehumidifier-fan-motor-mcmillan-a0410a2405.html)

RichK September 14th 08 07:37 PM

Dehumidifier fan motor McMillan A0410A2405

Hi...trying to find a small fan motor for a dehumidifier. Motor is made by
McMillan. Part A0410A2405 or E814814. 1550RPM, 1.3A

Not getting any hits on either of these parts. Normally, parts folks swarm,
when you put in a part number. Any ideas why this is not coming up?

Regards...RichK

bq340[_2_] September 14th 08 08:00 PM

RichK wrote:
Hi...trying to find a small fan motor for a dehumidifier. Motor is made by
McMillan. Part A0410A2405 or E814814. 1550RPM, 1.3A

Not getting any hits on either of these parts. Normally, parts folks swarm,
when you put in a part number. Any ideas why this is not coming up?

Regards...RichK

5303300838 should be a suitable replacement.
MikeB

RichK September 14th 08 08:14 PM

"bq340" wrote in message

RichK wrote:
Hi...trying to find a small fan motor for a dehumidifier. Motor is made

by
McMillan. Part A0410A2405 or E814814. 1550RPM, 1.3A

5303300838 should be a suitable replacement.
MikeB

Thanks MikeB. Looks similar enough.

But the price is about the same as new unit. It's a robbery at the prices
I'm seeing just for the motor. Lowest is $100.

Regards...RichK

Stormin Mormon September 15th 08 02:04 AM

Dehumidifier fan motor McMillan A0410A2405

One time I was fixing a dehum. I was out of state, and it belonged to a
friend of mine. I got a fan from walmart, about the same size. Wired it in,
and made a shroud out of cardboard and duct tape. Kept the dehum working.
Hardly ideal. But it did work.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

. ..

RichK September 15th 08 04:52 AM

Dehumidifier fan motor McMillan A0410A2405

This fan somewhat works, but one of the bearings is a bit off center. Since
the bearing holder is riveted to the shroud, there's no way I can see to
center it. Consequently, the rotor rubs the stator poles and sometimes will
not even start.

Regards...RichK

PS You were lucky with the walmart fan :-) This fan pushes a lot of air.

"Stormin Mormon"

Stormin Mormon September 15th 08 01:37 PM

Dehumidifier fan motor McMillan A0410A2405

That sound like too much work to fix. Somehow, the quality control slipped
that one by.

The walmart fan might have been a bit timid, but who can tell. I wasn't
there long enough to do any good testing on it. But, it did move some air.
Enough air? Can't be sure.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus