Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool refrigerator not cooling

Hi,

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. I can turn the dial on the
inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then the
motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. When it
is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a cold
temperature. The motor does kick on and off from time to time like it
should once it is cold, but at some point the motor turns off and does
not kick in again resulting in the inside gaining temperature again.

Is this something that can be fixed/replaced fairly easily? Also, are
the parts available in a Home Depot/Lowe's kind of store or do you
need to go to a dealer of some sort.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 28, 12:45*pm, wrote:
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. *I can turn the dial on the
inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then the
motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. * When it
is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a cold
temperature. *The motor does kick on and off from time to time like it
should once it is cold, but at some point the motor turns off and does
not kick in again resulting in the inside gaining temperature again.

Is this something that can be fixed/replaced fairly easily? *Also, are
the parts available in a Home Depot/Lowe's kind of store or do you
need to go to a dealer of some sort.

Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like a problem with the thermostat, which should be fairly easy
and not too expensive to replace. You have to get refrigeator parts
from an appiance repair type store, either local or online.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 28, 9:45*am, wrote:
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. *I can turn the dial on the
inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then the
motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. * When it
is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a cold
temperature. *The motor does kick on and off from time to time like it
should once it is cold, but at some point the motor turns off and does
not kick in again resulting in the inside gaining temperature again.

Is this something that can be fixed/replaced fairly easily? *Also, are
the parts available in a Home Depot/Lowe's kind of store or do you
need to go to a dealer of some sort.

Any help is appreciated.

Most likely... dirty condenser, or sitting in a spot that limits air
flow across the condenser. check bottom of refrig for a folded up
condenser and fan, looks like a crushed bird cage.... vacuum it out
completely.

it its in the back of the frig do the same. could also be a bad fan
on top of that.
these need cleaning once a year.. 5 years and they are toast.

it this is not the problem its any of the following,,,, bad
thermostat, refrigerant leak, compressor worn out.

stat is the only worthwhile item to fix... do it yourself, a service
call will be more than the thing is worth most likely

***

re-reading your post...its a stat, but clean the condenser
regularly regardless

Phil scott
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 28, 11:45*am, wrote:
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. *I can turn the dial on the
inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then the
motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. * When it
is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a cold
temperature. *The motor does kick on and off from time to time like it
should once it is cold, but at some point the motor turns off and does
not kick in again resulting in the inside gaining temperature again.

Is this something that can be fixed/replaced fairly easily? *Also, are
the parts available in a Home Depot/Lowe's kind of store or do you
need to go to a dealer of some sort.

Any help is appreciated.

Parts and repair help available at repairclinic.com. Knowledgeable,
fair prices and very quick shipping. Many folks in this NG have used
their service with good results.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 28, 3:33*pm, Joe wrote:
On Aug 28, 11:45*am, wrote:

Hi,

I have a Whirlpoolrefrigerator(ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. *I can turn the dial on the
inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then the
motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. * When it
is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a cold
temperature. *The motor does kick on and off from time to time like it

Extremely expensive source to buy parts!

http://www.subzerolosangeles.com
__________________________________
Sub-Zeroref rigeration repair experts in LA

should once it is cold, but at some point the motor turns off and does
not kick in again resulting in the inside gaining temperature again.

Is this something that can be fixed/replaced fairly easily? *Also, are
the parts available in a Home Depot/Lowe's kind of store or do you
need to go to a dealer of some sort.

Any help is appreciated.

Parts and repair help available at repairclinic.com. Knowledgeable,
fair prices and very quick shipping. Many folks in this NG have used
their service with good results.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 28, 5:58*pm, appliancedoc wrote:
On Aug 28, 3:33*pm, Joe wrote:

On Aug 28, 11:45*am, wrote:

Hi,

I have a Whirlpoolrefrigerator(ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. *I can turn the dial on the
inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then the
motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. * When it
is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a cold
temperature. *The motor does kick on and off from time to time like it

Repairclinic,com is Extremely expensive source to buy parts!

http://www.subzerolosangeles.com
__________________________________
Sub-Zeroref *rigeration repair experts in LA

should once it is cold, but at some point the motor turns off and does
not kick in again resulting in the inside gaining temperature again.

Is this something that can be fixed/replaced fairly easily? *Also, are
the parts available in a Home Depot/Lowe's kind of store or do you
need to go to a dealer of some sort.

Any help is appreciated.

Parts and repair help available at repairclinic.com. Knowledgeable,
fair prices and very quick shipping. Many folks in this NG have used
their service with good results.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it is the cold control, they are not too dificult for me to replace. But,
then, I've got family who can fix anything, and I've employed by a couple
guys who had jobs for me that required a lot of repairs and electrical.

HD has an appliance parts hotline. I've never called them, as I get mine
wholesale from a bigger parts house.

Is it a H.O. job? I dunno. It is, if you're mechanically and electrically
minded.

Just be sure it's really the cold control that's the problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. I can turn the dial on the
inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then the
motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. When it
is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a cold
temperature. The motor does kick on and off from time to time like it
should once it is cold, but at some point the motor turns off and does
not kick in again resulting in the inside gaining temperature again.

Is this something that can be fixed/replaced fairly easily? Also, are
the parts available in a Home Depot/Lowe's kind of store or do you
need to go to a dealer of some sort.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

appliancedoc wrote in
:

On Aug 28, 3:33*pm, Joe wrote:
On Aug 28, 11:45*am, wrote:

Hi,

I have a Whirlpoolrefrigerator(ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. *I can turn the dial on
th

inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then
the motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. *
When it is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a
cold temperature. *The motor does kick on and off from time to time
like i

Extremely expensive source to buy parts!

RepairClinic.com?! From personal experience and comparison, I say to
that, bull****.