Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Teflon tape: male end inaccessible

Hi,

I have removed a jet from my shower system to clean out some debris.
Now I have a hard time putting it back on. The reason is that the jet
has "female threads" while the male threads on the pipe are so deeply
recessed into the tile that it is impossible to wrap teflon tape
around it. How would one solve a problem like that? Is there a "brush-
on" teflon tape alternative?

Many thanks in advance!

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Aaron Fude wrote:
recessed into the tile that it is impossible to wrap teflon tape
around it. How would one solve a problem like that? Is there a "brush-
on" teflon tape alternative?

Sure...pipe "dope" compound. What was used long before there was such a
thing as teflon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 17, 10:37*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I have removed a jet from my shower system to clean out some debris.
Now I have a hard time putting it back on. The reason is that the jet
has "female threads" while the male threads on the pipe are so deeply
recessed into the tile that it is impossible to wrap teflon tape
around it. How would one solve a problem like that? Is there a "brush-
on" teflon tape alternative?

Teflon tape _is_ the alternative. The original, and many still think
best, is the brushable pipe dope.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...145828034.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

On Aug 17, 10:37*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I have removed a jet from my shower system to clean out some debris.
Now I have a hard time putting it back on. The reason is that the jet
has "female threads" while the male threads on the pipe are so deeply
recessed into the tile that it is impossible to wrap teflon tape
around it. How would one solve a problem like that? Is there a "brush-
on" teflon tape alternative?

Many thanks in advance!

and, i think the loctite folks, make a liquid teflon pipeseal stuff,
like loctite.

teflon tape vs pipe tape ??? scale Home Repair 10 August 31st 13 08:44 PM
teflon tape thehip Home Repair 11 August 20th 07 05:55 PM
Teflon tape Richard Dillman Woodworking 10 May 16th 07 01:48 AM
Teflon Pipe Tape or TFE Paste Thread Compound with Teflon for Galvanized to ABS Threads?? scale Home Repair 3 November 5th 05 10:46 PM
air tools and male adapters: teflon tape necessary? ATP* Metalworking 16 July 12th 05 09:41 PM