Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

Default Air gap for RO faucets

Just wanted to share in interesting discovery I made when installing a
new faucet for RO at the kitchen sink.
The usual advice, at least such as came to me, is to get a special
beverage faucet fitted with
an air gap device. I had one of these (made by Everpure) installed for
about 12 years. The faucet flow
rate was always very slow. I got a new Tomlinson Designer Faucet with
an air gap, but botched the installation job.
I managed to crack the tiny tube nipple causing a leak. While
searching for the part locally, I ran across a company that
installs RO equipment who sold me a "twin inlet dishwasher air-gap"
model T52 for $40. It is like the normal dishwasher air gap
except it has another nipple for attaching the RO discharge line. It
is made Amerigap Products of Irvine CA, 949-955-3726.
In addition to making the plumbing simpler, e.g., no need for tapping
into the sink drain pipe and one fewer
tubes under the sink, it is really a nice piece of equipment, far more
sturdy than anything available at Home Depot, OSH, etc.
AND, the faucet flow is much better. The reason for the higher flow is
probably that the tiny tube used in the one
added onto the faucet tends to limit discharge flow, and therefore
product water flow. I was amazed.

BTW, I followed advice given and plugged the nipples in the faucet air
gap with plumbers putty to prevent sink
splashes from dribbling down under the counter. If I had it to do over
I would not have ordered the air gap faucet in the first place.

I have no affiliation with the Amerigap company.

Ed

bath/shower thermostatic/pressure balance retrofit faucets for three handle faucets? Matthew Zenkar Home Repair 4 June 9th 07 11:50 PM
delta faucets [email protected] Home Ownership 12 February 15th 07 03:42 AM
de;ta faucets [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 5th 07 04:01 PM
outside faucets doug Home Repair 6 August 11th 06 03:58 PM
Faucets - Bath Chas Home Repair 4 September 19th 05 08:24 PM